Need help to get files off old hard drives

Alixandria Davis

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
Could someone please help with quite a big problem I have, my ex has left me with 8 hard drives that have all my important stuff on, including 2 external ones I had all my music on. They are all sitting in a box at the moment as I have no clue how to connect any of them, a few were from my old desktop and a couple that were on this desktop, I would back up everything and when they were full the ex would just buy another one (he worked with computers so picked them up relatively cheap) I have 2 hard drives in this machine and have had nothing but problems with it, it's showing empty when there are loads of files on it but think I know what to do as far as recovering them hopefully ( i think) but am a little apprehensive on disconnecting anything, in case I totally mess up and am without my pc. I have tried to find out info on what I need to do but still am clueless it's all gone way over my head. Today I read about a USB to IDE & SATA Adaptor that you can buy but just need a little advice on, if that is what I need to look for or something else and basically what I need to do to try to resolve this situation. I really need the information off the drives, please, any help would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Alix

Alixandria Davis

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013

Hi, many thanks for taking time to respond so quickly I really appreciate it. I just had a look and watched the video about it, it seemed pretty easy to use, which is a major plus :) but noticed it was in USA I have just Googled the name here and can't see the same one, you gave me the link for. Can I be really cheeky and ask you, if you could possibly find one or similar that I could buy from UK please, only the P&P to buy from USA is more than the item costs. :pfff: thanks again