BENQ GL2450HM Monitor - is this normal?!

whateverjp

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
I just got this monitor on Friday and it's awesome. But one thing I do not like is the amount of time it takes to turn on..

For example:

1) turn on say from no use of activity (screen turns off say I don't use it for 30 mins and when i come back and move the mouse so the screen turns back on it should only take like 1 second (assuming from my old monitor) but this takes up to 4-5 seconds to turn on.

2) Say if I'm in a game and I alt-tab to windows.. same thing it'll take up to 5 seconds to get on my desktop.. and vice-versa.. if i decide to go back in-game i'll see a black screen for 5 seconds then it'll show the game.

Is this normal?

whateverjp

Honorable
Mar 12, 2013
It still keeps doing the same thing after I even restart my computer. Has anybody experienced this before? Or should I contact NCIX

roycedpc

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014
This problem is actually caused by your PC itself, it seems like you don't have an SSD in ur pc, am i right? And you can turn screen saver off, so when u're gone for 30min it wont go black. But the alt-tab is just ur pc not being very fast. Get an SSD and u'll notice the difference. Or its caused by not enough RAM memory, how much RAM do u got now?

kanewolf

Titan
It could also be a resolution change between the game and windows. If the OP is gaming at a non-native (lower) resolution to improve performance but running windows at native res, the monitor could take time to sync between resolutions.

roycedpc

Reputable
Sep 11, 2014
Maybe it would be nice if the OP actually listed his specs, and what game he plays and on what res/quality