Never built a water cooled PC. What parts should i get?

cheesepuff12

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
I don't want that closed loop pre-done water cooled stuff. I want the good ole do it yourself water cool everything style.

Problem - Never done it before.

I been doing a bit of research, but im still not sure about what im doing. I got a list of parts, but im sure i can do better...and im sure that some of them wont fit with each other.

Here is the list for the entire build
http://amzn.com/w/20JB6C2QGPZRK

So tell me what i did wrong, what i should do, what else i need, what i need to know ahead of time.

Thanks so much guys!

cheesepuff12

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013

thank! I googled the topic at toms, but didn't find it. Very helpful. Looks like i actually got a decent selection after all.

So i guess i'll use distilled water in my system? Is that right?

Is there any sizing issues with the fittings? I see there is a standard that most brands use for the threads, and general tube size is 1/2 inch. I might go for that 7/16 size, but i just want to make sure.

cheesepuff12

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013

also, i see a lot of people using some sort of metal bend pipes or something for their tubes. Should i be looking into such things?

how do people get that shiny chrome tube look?

what type of tube materiel should i use? Ive heard there are some brands to stay away from?

Distilled is whats most commonly recommended you use yes.
There is an ID (Inner Diameter) and OD (Outer Diameter) when it comes to tubing. Make sure the inner diameter matches whatever fittings you use (7/16" on 1/2" barbs is an exception) and the OD matches whatever clamp/compression fitting your using. Should be fine.

Can you post an image of what you mean? Just you could be referring to angled adapters and fittings, or some people use solid metal tubing.
Again, need a pic.
As long as its one of the more common tubing names, you should be fine.