new cpu, which one?

roelvvv

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013
Hey guys, I am in need of a new cpu and maybe in need of a new motherboard.
My current specs are:
AMD Phenom II 955e (x4) 3,2ghz
Sapphire 7850HD 2GB GDDR5
8GB Ram DDR3
Asus M4A78T-E

You may be thinking WHY? His processor is fine, well it is not and it is performing poorly, I don't know what the problem is (No dust) but I need a new one (got a 150GBP giftcard to amazon anyways). So I was wondering which cpu would be the best fitting in my system which is not too expensive? And if I would get a new one would I also need a new motherboard (the bios is my current motherboard has gone to hell)? The cpu has to be from amazon.co.uk.

Thanks in advance ;)

hitesh12

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010
I think you should first tackle the problem with your current proccy.
So which application or game you are you using/playing ? How much fps are you getting ?

roelvvv

Honorable
Apr 28, 2013

I spent hours working on it and trying to figure it out with ppls on forums and who know alot about computers but it wouldn't help so I'm not going to waste anymore time on trying to figure it out as it seems pointless. Someone told me about my processor waiting for something so not going out of 800mhz mode but I couldn't figure it out in the bios (cool n quiet turned off too) I upgraded bios which did not help. I get lag with programs like Guild Wars 2, Gta 4, Arma 2, Skyrim etcetera.

Someone else recommended me the Intel Core i5-3570 + MSI ZH77A-G43, which do you think is better?

hitesh12

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2010

Well in that case, go with i5 for sure

8350rocks

Distinguished

What is the TDP rating of your MB? If it's a 95W MB, then your MB doesn't support 125W CPUs. That could easily be the problem. Have you checked the supported CPUs list from the manufacturer?

EDIT: If it ia a 95W MB and it's socket AM3+ then going to the FX6300 will solve your problems...it's a 95W TDP chip.

Latest posts