PSU LEDs Help... Newbie First Build

Dinnin

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
I am building my first computer and I bought a LED control board from fCPU and decided to hook it up to the PSU (Corsair AX 860i). To check it out.

I plug in the PSU and turn it on, then using the PSU cable I plug the molex into the LED control board and plug the 2 pin LED that came with th board into one of the 20 connectors on the control board.

The led does not turn on. I have tried plugging it in several different ways, there is even a 2 pin side connector that I thought may be a control on/off on the board so I shorted that thinking it would allow current but still nothing.

Do I need to somone how make the PSU turn on other thant just flipping the twitch? or am I failing at hooking up with LED contrll board?

Thanks for any help!

In order to get your PSU to work without being plugged into the motherboard, you will need to jump the green wire on the 24 pin connector to any black wire on the 24 pin connector, this fools the PSU into thinking it's got a computer to run. A paperclip is commonly used to do that as shown in this PDF (direct link) http://seasonicusa.com/RMABeta/JumpStart/JS.pdf then you can check out your fan controller operation (with the paperclip in)

Addendum here:
Bumping a thread is not allowed by the forum rules - it can also be detrimental to your cause since we often assume that once a post has been responded to, the issue is being taken care of by someone. Many of the regulars here will not jump a thread that is being solved - I personally only opened the thread to see the response (but there was none). Just something to keep in mind here