Sign in with
Your question

good cpu cooler that will fit asus sabertooth 990fx without hitting kingston hyperx beast ram

Last response: in Components
April 29, 2013 8:00:43 AM

Hi

I want a decent cpu cooler for my PC I'm building I need it to have enough clearance to fit without encroaching on the ram its going on a amd fx8350 Asus sabertooth mobo and the ram it needs to clear is Kingston hyperx beast dual ram so there isn't all four slots taken up should give more room ....I may be worrying for nothing and anything will fit it as all the ram slots aren't taken up ...I was going to get the corsair h80i but worry about less air being blown on other components and figured it would be wiser and cheaper if i get a decent air cooler instead.It will be in the fractal design define r4 case so plenty of room in case....My budget isn't much about £35 max ....I was looking at the zalman cnps14x and it seemed to do OK in reviews also has the ability to have 2 extra fans on it for 3 fans altogether , I like the thought of all that cool air ..but it might not have the clearance I need looking at it in pics with other ram its quite close to hitting low profile ram sticks....the other cooler I'm looking at is the..... cooler master hyper evo 212+.....I will LSO put an extra fan it,at the moment this is my best choice but I would like to k ow if there is anything better up to £35 ...also I don't care about noise...really doesn't bother me...

Thanks...T..
a b à CPUs
May 4, 2013 4:30:21 PM

The Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212+ is a great cooler from what I hear. I would suggest you get some really good cooling paste like Zalman STG2 or similar and use also.
May 5, 2013 6:56:23 AM

Quotemsg=10760342,0,1312467]The Cooler Master Hyper Evo 212+ is a great cooler from what I hear. I would suggest you get some really good cooling paste like Zalman STG2 or similar and use also.[/quotemsg]

Ok thanks I'm really liking the zalman Cooler I mentioned also some xigmatek ones look nice but hyper 212 evo plus with an extra fan is appealing to me so yeh with the paste sounds good cheers pal

Thanks for replying.
!