Eyefinity 6 Monitor Setup Help

DocLopez

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013
(1) Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard
(1) Radeon 7750 graphics card (6 mini display-ports)
(6) LG E2442TC Monitors
(6) dual-link DVI-D cables (Rosewill)
(6) DVI-D to mini display-port adapter (rosewill)
(1) Intel i7 Ivy Bridge 4 core processor
(1) 250 GIG SSD HD as my primary drive
(1) 1TB STA3 HD as my back up (bootable HD)
(Both Drives are Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit)

When I open Catalyst Control Center or the windows control panel to try and "extend" monitors I am only allowed to use 2, the other 4 are grey'd. I can switch (replace) monitors, but I can't seem to use more than 2 at a time.

Even in the Catalyst Control Center the only option for monitor set ups are 1 x 2 or 2 x 1. It wont give me a 3 x 3 option, and again like in the control panel "connect to an external display" or "adjust resolution" only two monitors are functional, the other 4 are grey'd out.

I have my resolutions set to the recommended max, my Catalyst Control Center software is up to date.

Can anyone help me set up a 3 x 3 (hex monitor) display? What am I missing? I feel like a retard as though my problem might be something simple.

DocLopez

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013

Don't really know here are the specs on the rosewill adaptors (as per the package)

AD-MINIDP-DVI-MF
features:
Support Mini Display Port 1.1a and DVI output.
Support DVI highest video resolution 1080p.
Support DVI 225MHz/226Gbps per channel (6.75Gbps all chanel) bandwidth.
Support DVI 12bit per channel (36bit all channel) deep color.
Powered from mini display port source.

Supermuncher85

Distinguished
As far as I can tell they are passive, you need active ones to run eyefinity. You should still be able to extend using passive ones, but you won't be able to use eyefinity (one giant screen). What is the EXACT name and model of the GPU?

DocLopez

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013

VisionTek AMD Radeon 7750 eye6 PCIE 2GB GDDR5 TRILL (7750x6EYE) product/model # 900614

Again, the only "extend" I seem to be allowed to do is up to two monitors, that's it. The only options displayed to me via Catalyst Control Center is 2x1 or 1x2. Currently set up 1x2 (middle monitors) for now until I can get this squared away. If you can help me with this or get me some step-by-step instructions to get this thing up and running it would be greatly appreciated.

DocLopez

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013

"To extend a desktop, a desktop or display must be disabled."

I see all my monitors in that part of CCC, I just can't use another one without disabling one of the two active ones. When I want to extend to a third, I get the above message.

No qualms here, Aria is hot.

DocLopez

Honorable
Apr 29, 2013

Alright, I added the active adapters, now my computer recognizes it, however only 2 of the 6 monitors turn on and the rest go into power saving mode. Power is on, it's just that the monitors don't turn on. Any thoughts?

TRENDING THREADS