Cpu cooler height

vulkan

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
I measure 16 cm at least from the motherboard to the sidewall of my case,what should the cpu cooler height be? I have been searching the internets for hours and i haven't come to a conclusion.Also mind that i have 2 vengeance rams which are quite big

vulkan

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
it says that it's height is 159mm don't hey measure it from the cpu after the paste etc?
i measured 160mm from the motherboard chip,not included cpu/paste etc just from the base of the m/b
it still fits?:D

vulkan

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
i have a raidmax aeolus and a 2600k cpu,i just found this from another tomsharder user using the same case

So an update: The Noctua NH-D14 will indeed fit in this case! There is a slight issue though, and that is pne of the side window's mounting hardware is too long. Thus, I had to replace the push tab with a standard fan screw.

edit: clarified that only one of the push tabs is too long

can you clarify what he actually means?:D
(also i have found this : http://www.thinkcomputers.org/raidmax-aeolus-case-review/4/ where an 163 mm cooler doesn't fit

Thank you for your help, this was such a puzzle to me that i gave up in buying an aftermarket cooler,but after seeing 40 degrees idle and to paraphrase Eddard Stark :Summer is coming,i fear that it will greatly reduce the lifespan of my cpu thus making impossible to sell when i upgrade my rig. :)

vulkan

Honorable
Jun 17, 2012
I think i am going to buy the coolermaster since it's more close to my needs( no exerssive oc or no oc at all)
the only problem is that i fear that it might have a problem with the top case fans. anyway
Thank you very much for your time and you really have helped me out a lot :)