What's going on here?

gottagotomoz

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012
Within the past few months I've started getting some display problems, but only (as far as I can tell) while gaming. Every 5 to minutes my monitor will flash a black screen, as if its being refreshed very quickly. It happens quick enough that if you blink, you'd miss it. I'm currently using a cheap(ish) acer 23" led monitor, and I've had it for a couple of years now. My graphics card (amd radeon 7970) has been updated to the latest drivers. I even switched out the hdmi cable to a display port to hdmi, and didn't get much if any improvement. I'm suspecting the monitor is at fault here, but I would like some confirmation before I decide to replace anything. Also, if this is the case any suggestions or recommendations for monitors would be appreciated. I would like to spend around 300 but will go as high as 500. I would also prefer at least a 23" screen. Thanks in advance!

gottagotomoz

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

Hi, the problem did not appear when I underwent testing. The best way I can describe what happens is the monitor glitching, if that makes any sense.. It's almost as if one frame is goes dark for a millisecond.

Edit: I was just able to get the problem to occur again and I noticed that the entire screen doesn't go dark, only a somewhat slanted line while flash across the screen very quickly.

Nikolay Savov

Distinguished
Use TFT monitor test tool - there are high frequency tests inside - i have manage to break and see the problem of the faulty LCD matrix many times- LCD monitors , LCD pannels of laptops ....
If it`s monitor the fault will be out under TFT monitor test tool - just go through all tests .....

gottagotomoz

Honorable
Nov 18, 2012

I'm not quite sure how to read the test results, mainly concerning the interference and video noise test.