Pc is not booting can't find the problem

chmielu

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
Hi
Got a problem with my pc. Week ago after moving it from home to my student accommodation it refused to boot upon arrival. Over this week I managed to get bios and post screen few times but only for limited time. So I got new motherboard, ram and psu. Also tried three different gpus ranging from absolute low end to HD7950 all three allowed to get to the post screen. Most of the successful tries were in an IT lab in my uni but got it to work in my room as well. Problem is that it's pure luck to get it to work at home and I was unable to get any image since I got new psu Corsair gs600 (previous was antec vp550) what usually helped get it to work was unplugging the atx cable and connecting it again. It does not work anymore. Motherboard beeps when no ram is installed but is does not beep for no gpu and I'm not sure it should. Since it beeps I assume the cpu is working because it would not do so with dead cpu. And since I was able to get post screen and bios on it seems all is working. And yet it isn't and I can't find the source of the problem.
My pc
Core i5 2500k
AsRock z77 pro 4
8 gb corsair vengeance 1600 and 4 gb corsair xms3 1600
Tested cards
AMD 7950
AMD 5450
And some low end AMD cards which name I don't know.
Samsung ssd 830 128 gb
SAMSUNG hdd sj103 1tb

chmielu

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
Update
Got 5 beeps when no gpu is plugged in but I get nothing on a screen when I plug a gpu in. Tried two monitors , three gpus and two power supplies.

TRENDING THREADS