What's the best CPU for my Acer Aspire 5315-2142?

Rosco100

Honorable
Apr 19, 2013
No. You basically can't upgrade a laptop other than to put more RAM in it, and if you're starting out with that laptop it won't be worth even doing that.

Technologic80

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013
I upgraded my Acer Aspire 5315 (came with a Celeron processor) to a Core 2 Duo T7300. It was the easiest upgrade Ive EVER done on any machine.

If you search the web, you'll find its a common upgrade on the 5315 and that Rosco has no idea what they are talking about...

djabhi003

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2011

Surprising you can, on this Acer system :D

Steps:
upgrade CPU to the T5450 or any socketP UP TO the T7500 CPU should work fine...users have reported back on the success of T7500 upgrade... the CPU will work and the GM965chipset will support the 800Mhz FSB... SO GO BIG OR GO CHEAP ,, each has it's pro's and con's

on the 5315, a cpu upgrade is very easy..

1. unplug power, remove battery,, and press power button to drain any residual power held by capasitors.

2. remove 4 screws (one at a time) from the bottom access pannel (large funny shaped pannel w/ circular fan hole).

3. w/ screws removed use small screwdriver to help prise the pannel up, (it takes some force to remove the pannel, just go slow and steady).

4. after pannel removal, locate the FAN.. remove the 3 screws from the fan, unplug fan power cable, then remove the fan.

5. now unscrew the 4 screws from above the CPU (they have springs between the screw heads and the cpu heatsink.

6. now w/ screws removed, lift the heatsink up off the CPU and remove the heat-sink assembly... it goes all the way to the fins that are in back of the fan...

7. with the heatsink assembly removed, you should see the CPU... socket color is not an issue and no modification is needed... sorry for any confusion

8. turn the screw at the top of the cpu socket. that should release the pressure on the CPU,, and now you should be able to lift the CPU out of the scoket.

9. place the new cpu in the socket, MAKE SURE IT IS FRIMLY SEATED w/ no gap between pins cpu and socket... then turn screw back to lock CPU in place..

10. re assemble the rest of the components in reverse order to re assemble.. (heatsink assembly, (screw it back in,, fan assembly- screw it back and hook up power,, replace back cover and replace screws.)

that should do it for you...

Here is the direct link to help you out: http://forum.notebookreview.com/acer/251959-aspire-5315-cpu-step-step-upgrade-guide.html#post3379454

Nastyadotg

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
I successfully upgraded to C2D T7700 @ 2.40GHz
A also upgraded HDD to SSD
A also installed 2*2GB RAM
Now my ACER works Peeeeerfectly!

Latest posts