What specs are good for DayZ and Minecraft on my DD C521

Gumy644

Honorable
Apr 30, 2013
Hey I have Dell Dimension C521 what are the specs to play DayZ on about high medium qaulity and minecraft aswell?

You did not provided any PC specs, how it is possible to advise here?!

DayZ Requirements (Hardware/Software)

Please note the below listed system requirements for DayZ:

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

Memory: 1GB

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c

Hard Drive: 10 GB free space

Recommended:

Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster

Memory: 2GB

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM

DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c

Hard Drive: 20 GB free space

With maximum processor upgrade you can qualify for Minimum requirements only, video card is easier.
Your maximum processor upgrade is AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3.0GHz.

Minecraft system requirements
Last Updated: Mar 13, 2013 09:24PM CET
This information has been compiled by the Minecraft community on the Minecraft wiki.

A computer with the minimum requirements should be able to play Minecraft. However, for the best experience, please consider the recommended requirements.

Minimum Requirements:

* CPU : Intel P4/NetBurst Architecture or its AMD Equivalent (AMD K7)
* RAM : 2GB
* GPU : Intel GMA 950 or AMD Equivalent
* HDD : At least 90MB for Game Core and Sound Files
* Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6 or up is required to be able to run the game.

Recommended Requirements:

* CPU : Intel Pentium D or AMD Athlon 64 (K8) 2.6 GHz
* RAM : 4GB
* GPU : GeForce 6xxx or ATI Radeon 9xxx and up with OpenGL 2 Support (Excluding Integrated Chipsets)
* HDD : 150MB

For Minecraft, with above mentioned upgrade you can qualify for high or the highest settings easily.

So, please state your specs: processor, memory and video card if you have any, and your budget. Processor can be purchased only on ebay, so you know, it is $43 with free shipping without bidding (to buy now), with bidding you may get it for less.

So?

David Plank

Honorable
Jul 21, 2013
Since both of these games are CPU heavy, the Athlon 64 x2 5600+ is the best way you could go. I still have the default GPU but on Minecraft I get a really good framerate of around 150-220 on the lowest settings with Optifine. For DayZ the framerate isn't too fancy. It basically runs 14-22 fps on the lowest settings in Windowed. Its not the best but it is playable if you are able to handle the little lag.