Samsung 15.6″ laptop Intel Core i3-3110M $299

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geek squad re-certified? Be careful... I mean, be careful with any refurbished/re-certified machine.

No experience with them yet, but Samsung as a brand is good, and the last couple of reliability reports I saw, Samsung was in the top 3 two years in a row if I recall correctly.

scottiemedic

Distinguished
Unlike ProStar, I LOVE refurbs. It means it was checked, sent out to consumer, something went wrong, so they fixed it and RE checked it. I've had 3:1 more problems with "new" gear than refurbs, to the point I intentionally look for refurbs when buying electronics.

The only down side is the warranty is usually CRAP for refurbs (you'll get 90 days instead of a year or something!!)

As for Samsung, my next laptop will be one. My son has a Series 9 and it is solid and aesthetically gorgeous. A lot of laptop purchase other than specs is appeal, since unlike a desktop that gets shoved under a desk, you'll actually SEE your laptop on a daily basis.

I guess being in the industry has made me cynical after seeing various OEMs take a month+ for turnaround time, only to have either shipped the customer's product back with the same problem(s), or new problems. :)

BestBuy will no doubt have an extended warranty available for the product, SERIOUSJACK85, so if you decide to pull the trigger on it, consider getting additional coverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.