Tom's site has a back arrow/history problem.

zdbc13

Distinguished
I'm still having trouble with this site which seems to be a history problem. It only occurs on Tom's or I would suspect something wrong with my mouse. But on all other sites I have no problem.

I posted on this previously but can't find that post (not used to the new site features yet).

What happens is when I go to a forum or news post, read the entry, and then press the back button on my mouse or on the browser bar it doesn't go back it just stays on the same page. I look at the history of the tab and often there are two or more entries for the current page so pressing the back button just leaves me where I am. Even multiple presses of the back button just show duplicate entries of the current page. What I end up doing is left clicking the holding down on the browser's back arrow and go two or three steps back in history to the page I want (usually Tom's main page). This gets annoying after a while.

Has anyone else reported this or am I the only one. I will re-install Chrome and see if that helps. Thanks for your help....

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
This very much seems to be on your side of things - haven't heard this reported from any other users so far.
I think in the previous thread, we mentioned you should clear your cache in Chrome. Do you have any strange plugins you are running that could be causing the issue?

zdbc13

Distinguished
I completely deleted chrome and re-installed. Ran ccleaner and cleared cache manually in chrome. Only one plugin, High Contrast, that is diabled most of the time. Only use it when my old eyes have trouble reading text. I'll un-install it and see if that helps anyway. I'm glad no one else is having this problem, it's annoying. Thanks for your reply.

zdbc13

Distinguished
Spoke too soon, after a little playing around I've found this: it only happens when I reply to a post, I either have two or three identical items in my history, when I click the back button either on my mouse or on the toolbar it alternates between those two or three entries in my history but never goes back all the way to Tom's home page until I manually choose that from the history list. Very confusing.

zdbc13

Distinguished
Sprayed some WD40 into my mouse buttons yesterday and it made a big improvement. Today have had no multiple history entries like I describe above. Both mice were older Logitech gaming mice so maybe that was the problem all along, bad button contact. Just wanted to post this for general information.