New 7-inch Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 to Arrive This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Exynos SoCs are incredibly fast, so it will certainly be interesting.

Samsung has to compete on price though. The Galaxy Tabs have always been a bit more than their competitors for no/less added value. TouchWiz is also annoying compared to the stock Android interface.

livebriand

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2011
The other issue with this is the 1GB of RAM - I have 1GB on my gnexus, and find Chrome killing other tabs all the time if I have too much stuff open at once (particularly desktop pages). Even the S3 has 2GB RAM (not the international version though).

tului

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
I can understand them making a cheap tablet, but I'd like a 7" or 8" beast of a tablet. Beyond Galaxy S4 performance. It'd have more space for a battery and to dissipate heat, so you could get a bigger CPU in it. You'd also not need crap to shoehorn LTE into it. I'd like to see 4GB of RAM too.

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
how is this even better than the falaxy tab 7.0 from last year... seems like all the same specs but the processor is a bit faster. same shitty screen resolution

zedon

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
I still think these tablets have way too little storage. I won'tget one until an affordable one comes out with at minimum 64GB. That will probably be late 2014 or 2015, but I'll wait. By then they should have other stuff sorted out too.

jn77

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
"the new tablet will have a 7-inch TFT WSVGA screen with a 1024 x 600 resolution (169 PPI)" ; "Storage will consist of either 8 GB or 16 GB of internal space,"
So, considering the compeditors are making tablets with 2560x 1600 (+/-) screen resolutions...... and the latest version of it comes in a 128gb internal memory option available..... Other than the fact I won't buy apple, why would I waste money on 4 years old tech.
Fix those problems and I might consider buying it.

spiritmn77

Honorable
May 2, 2013
This seems like something that you would by for a preschooler. The specs are way too low on both this and the Galaxy Note 8. I expect that Google Nexus will blow this out of the water and it will release in the next 2 months (not to mention the iPad). I don't understand Samsung's strategy at all.

Ben Glasthal

Honorable
May 2, 2013
I was hoping it would be 4.2 out of the box, or even (as a small detail) that the rumors of an 8 inch were true. It would also be great if it had a mini or micro HDMI out. But here's hoping that the price is at least around the Tab 2 to make it truly worth my wile.

Status
Not open for further replies.