Samsung 840 pro ssd low bandwidt

nuggetinu

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Hi, first post in this forum. I bought a new SSD samsung 840 pro and a Delock PCI-E 1x raid controller card with 2 6gb sata 3 ports. My motherboard is old P5k-e but still working with it. All drivers for both controller and ssd are installed. In BIOS boot device priority it is listed as IDE: SSD Samsung 840 which to my knowledge it is being set to IDE speeds. Ran both Samsung Magician benchmark and AS SSD Benchmark and speeds got stuck to 120 mb max. AHCI IDE and RAID modes were all tried but for nothing.

Overwhelmingly when put in Sata 2 ports it reaches 250 mbps. I know Marvell controllers are crap but I am finding it hard to believe that they are practically more than useless[ because not was I working with Sata 2 speeds, I was below 130 mb!!!] Any help on fixing this issue and at least see 400mb r+w?

Solid state drives require the motherboard's system BIOS be set to ACHI mode rather than IDE mode. IDE mode limits ssd performance.

Your socket 775 motherboard is an old board that does not support SATA 3 6Gb/s performance. It is limited to SATA 2 3Gb/s performance. In addition, those boards were typically designed before the advent of solid state drives. There are some compatability issues with some ssd's.

The Delock PCIe card is also limited to SATA 2 3Gb/s and 1 channel performance. For optimal performance a PCIe 3.0 x2 card with 2 channels is required. Unfortunately your motherboard will not support such a card.

Your issue cannot be fixed.