PC refusing to start up

Cestry

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Hello,

I build myself a PC one year ago and so far I did not have any problems with it at all. Today I left my PC on for 2 hours and when I came back, It had powered down and I couldn't start it up anymore. When I push the power button, it starts for 1 sec, spins all the fans, the lights on the motherboard flicker and it powers down again. My best thoughts are that, there is something wrong with the CPU or the Motherboard. I asked my housemates about any power surges, but they said no.

My System is:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 631 2.6GHz Socket FM1 4MB L2 Cache Retail Boxed Processor
MB: Asrock A75 Pro4 A75 Socket FM1 7.1 Channel HD Audio ATX Motherboard
PS: Corsair 600W CX Builder Series 80 Plus Bronze PSU 3 Year Warranty
RAM: Corsair 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1333MHz XMS3 Memory Kit CL9 1.5V unbuffered
HDD: Seagate 500GB 3.5" SATA-III 6Gb/s Barracuda Hard Drive 7200RPM 16MB Cache
VC: XFX ATI Radeon HD 6770 1GB DDR5 PCI-E

I have not overclocked anything. Also I guess It is worth mentioning that I noticed sometimes when I start it up the fans produce more noise than they should, but that is only for a few minutes after boot.

So my question for the community is how can I determine where exactly is the problem and how to fix it?

Regards
George

Cestry

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Ok, there are some new developments. Later the same day I tried starting it again and miraculously it did. For a day I didn't got any problems, but today I had two occasions in which my pc just reboots, like someone have pressed the reset button. Any ideas what can cause the previous refusal to start up and today's problem?

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
It could be a PSU issue, it's not an easy thing to determine. You may have to acquire a slightly higher watts PSU to be sure, though.

A PC (not used for more than a day) in cold boot might boot up rather than a PC that has been in use for any period of time.

If not the PSU then the temps are what you need to be looking at, check the Bios Pc health for any irregularities.

Cestry

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Haha... I'm back at the start now. I decided that I will change my PSU, because the way it behaves it must be something faulty with it. It is still in warranty so It should be ok.