Call of Duty: Ghosts Confirmed for PC, Consoles

Status
Not open for further replies.

mobrocket

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2011
COD is one of those games, that the freaks only play that game and no other game till the next COD comes out
They think its revolutionary, because they know nothing else

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012

I think that's a really unfair generalization. Just because someone enjoys playing CoD doesn't mean it's the only game they play, nor that they think it's revolutionary. Take me for example, my game library consists of over 50 games, ranging from 1991 to today, yet I still play CoD and enjoy it. CoD multiplayer is easy to do good at, easy to pickup and play for just a few games (less of a warmup time than other FPS's), and it's just an all around good way to kill some time. I play things like CoD multiplayer and MMO's to waste some time between good singleplayer games. I also play CoD because alot of my more casual gamer friends play it, and any game is alot more fun when you're playing with friends.

shikamaru31789

Honorable
Nov 23, 2012
I think some people are being really unfair to Infinity Ward. They once made really good games, CoD 4 has a 94 rating from critics and an 8.6 from users on Metacritic. Yeah, they started letting Activision have too much control of the franchise, and yes, most of the studio is gone now. But the new Infinity Ward seems eager to prove themselves and make up prior disappointments to fans. We've got a new engine with better graphics, something people have been asking for for several games now. The leak awhile back which seems to be legitimate, (because the leaker knew the Ghosts title more than a month in advance), said that they were adding new gameplay mechanics like leaning around corners, sliding, and prone rolling, that they were working on somewhat larger maps (but still small enough to keep the arcade shooter feel), and that they were even working on limited destructible environments in multiplayer (limited so that idiots with rpg's couldn't destroy whole important sections of the map).

Console_Gamer

Honorable
Jul 6, 2012
i think the real issue is that there are many games that are similar, but most haters are going to not like the COD series (Infinity Ward not Treyarch) because they are usually the fanboys to classics of Counter Strike or Battlefield. I played them all and I personally enjoy Counter Strike the most but COD 2 and 4 were my favorites of the series. I like the speed that those two games had; i missed that in the game and feel as if they went away from that. The game(s) have become complicated with too many "perks" and "killstreaks". I personally prefer them without it like the good old days of COD 2.

happyballz

Distinguished
Mar 15, 2011
Screw EA and Activision.

I am surprised Tom's didn't publish news that Activision CEO is the 2nd highest paid CEO this year ...apparently worth $64.9 million, mostly in stock bonds but what difference does that make? Greedy bastards with cookie cutter games every year.

agentbb007

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2006
Let the negative comments begin... I for one always look forward to every new COD, heck I get excited every time a new FPS comes out. I'm just a chill kinda person unlike 95% of the people who comment on the internet.

lpedraja2002

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2007
I think that what would make this game epic is if you were playing with actual ghosts who failed on their missions as soldiers and their spirits can't rest until they achieve something of equal value.

Status
Not open for further replies.