Closed

Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad S431 Laptop

Lenovo has launched the Thinkpad S431, a touchscreen equipped “premium laptop PC” that offers up to nine hours of battery life.

Lenovo Unveils the ThinkPad S431 Laptop : Read more
5 answers Last reply
More about lenovo unveils thinkpad s431 laptop
  1. "The progressive design of our ThinkPad S431 will help small businesses impress their customers."
    If I got a nickel every time I was impressed by a small business' computer... I'd have no nickles.
  2. true haswell is around the corner but there is somethign to be said for just releasing things in the here and now. maybe they want to sell this at a higher price till newchips out then say "look how much you can save"?
  3. nolarrow said:
    "The progressive design of our ThinkPad S431 will help small businesses impress their customers."
    If I got a nickel every time I was impressed by a small business' computer... I'd have no nickles.

Lenovo should sell this to homeless folks then...
    Just make a sign "Not impressed with my laptp[, toss a nickle."
    Homeless folks would have a ton of nickles.
  4. Quote:
    This being said, the Ivy Bridge CPUs do offer 15 percent better performance than their predecessor ...

10-15% was Sandy Bridge vs. Nehalem. Ivy Bridge only offers up to 5% improvement over Sandy Bridge.
  5. A few bits of info are wrong here. #1, the official battery life estimate is 6 hours, not 9. #2, this laptop does not have a touchscreen.
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops