Looking for best recommendations of a cloud service based on my needs

Futuresynthpop

Honorable
May 2, 2013
Hi,
I’m trying to find the right cloud service to store the following:
Total GB to Backup: 451 GB
Breakdown of 451 GB:
Music: 363 GB (currently using Amazon Music Cloud for $24.99 per year for up to 250,000 songs – around 2 TB)
Photos: 10 GB
Videos: 51 GB
Misc.: 27 GB

I just purchased the Amazon Music Cloud for my music collection that cost only $24.99 per year and includes up to 250,000 songs. I will be able to play my collection from any device via their app. It’s been uploading for 2 days now and only 50% complete (LOL). It’s very slow and am not sure how easy it will be to recover (download) those songs if I need to. I tried their other Cloud service, but they have a limit of 2GB per file, so that is a show stopper for me (have a dozen or so family videos over that). Plus, you have to move all your files into their cloud drive folder, which I don’t like, since it messes up my file structure I’m accustom to.

I’m looking for suggestions on what is the best service for me to use based on my needs. I'm looking for a good value as well. I have three 2 TB external hard drives now…one is in a safe deposit box at the bank. But it would be more convenient for me to utilize a cloud service. Thanks for your help!

Scott

Music => Stick with Amazon Music
Photos + Video => Shutterfly
Misc => Bitcasa

I think Bitcasa is great for everything, but Amazon Music + Shutterfly have better playback and other sharing options.

nate88

Honorable
Jul 1, 2013
Mega is the best one I've heard of. I'm quite skeptical of storing too much data online, but Mega is the most secure storage to date. All your files are encrypted with a 1028bit key. And files are stored on separate servers, meaning everything you own doesn't sit on one server. With storage like Amazon or Dropbox they are able to view your files and flag them if need be or even provide them to authorities upon request. Even if Mega wanted to provide your files, they won't be able to as they are highly encrypted with a key only you have and stored separately at different server locations. This ensures you complete privacy.

https://mega.co.nz/#pro/IwpURQxa

50GB
Free

500 GB Storage
9.99 €

1 TB Bandwidth
19.99 €

4 TB Storage
29.99 €

fiendz138

Honorable
Aug 17, 2013
I have also been researching cloud services recently.

I have been reading positive reviews about Crashplan. They have unlimited storage for 1 computer for $60/year.

It looks like I might be going with them soon after a little more research.