Is my CPU broken ? 100% and heating.

raptor2012rom

Distinguished
May 2, 2013
Hello , i´ll be streight on the subject ... i think my CPU is broken i have an AMD Athlon 64 processor 3800+ 2,4 ghz 1-core on a PC and has some problems , it slows down the Internet browser goin at 100% on any actions (the iexplore.exe process) and when i´m playing games the same thing it goes ok but sometimes (i don´t know if constantly) it´s on 100% usage causing overheating and sometimes touching 90 degrees and shuting down (i fixed this with extra FANs and changing CPU thermal paste) , the thing is that is at 100% on any program that i use for eg. if i´m working on Photoshop the photoshop uses 100% , if i´m renderinga video in the program the prohram uses 100% and that´s annoying because creates LAG (in games for short periods like 2 sec) and overheating in programs . I tried to fix this with this methods and nothing worked : Reinstalling Windows , Scan PC (with Malwarebytes , Norton & other antiviruses and antimalware) , getting latest drivers etc... nothing worked.
PC Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 processor 3800+ 2,4 ghz (1-core) AM2 socket
GPU: Gainward GeForce 9500 GT 1GB 128-bit (the problem was before upgrading to this video card)
Memory: 4GB RAM DDR2 (2 slots)
PSU: 300W
HDD: 160 gb Seagate Barracuda
Motherboard: HP Nance with 24-pin
Internet: 60mb FiberPower
Keyboard&Mouse: PS/2 way ...
Computer case: Compaq Presario (it says on it)
[I asked this on many forums/sites and nothing , hope you guys know better]

logainofhades

Titan
You are trying to run modern programs on an ancient single core cpu. That processor isn't capable of really doing what you want it to do and do it well. Time to upgrade. Photoshop needs a fast processor.