Help me pick a GPU!

ibejustin

Honorable
Mar 18, 2013
So I'll be graduating high school in two weeks, and I'm planning on building a new computer as a graduation present. I'm headed off to college to study animation and digital arts, and I want to make sure I have a rig that can efficiently run high-end video editing programs (Adobe Suite, Maya, 3DS Max). I'll also be doing a lot of gaming (Skyrim, BF3, Metro, Borderlands 2).

I'm going to buy an Nvidia GPU because I've always been an Nvidia fan (mainly for the CUDA cores), so don't try to convince me to go AMD - it's just not going to happen haha. The issue I'm having now is deciding whether or not to get a card from the 600 series (most likely a 670 or maybe a 660ti to save $$) or to wait until the 760ti comes out later this month. But has the release date for the 700 series even been confirmed? Is it even worth waiting for?

My build will have an i5 3570k and 16gigs of RAM if that makes a difference. I'm not going to post the entire build because I'm still between brands on other parts.

So what do you think? Wait for the 760ti or go with a 670/660ti?

May 2, 2013
i wouldnt get a 660 ti. Its between the 670 and the 760ti. You can overclock a 670 and get the 680. If u get a 670 id suggest getting the asus or the gigabyte windforce ones. i dont know much about the 760ti since it hasnt been released yet