Planning an AMD Gaming build

Jiggeroo

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013
All the videos on Youtube showing up lately about the 8350's competitiveness and fact that games are becoming more and more multi-threading aware are slowly making me want to build an AMD system instead. I made a list for the parts that i think will do great without breaking the bank too much. Just like to know if there'd be any problems with them. Also, I'm planning to OC the 8350 to maybe 4.5-4.6ghz (as well as the GPU) and I live in Singapore so prices here might be different from other areas.

Part Name
CPU / Motherboard
AMD FX-8350
Asus M5A97 Evo
PSU
Seasonic M12II Modular 850w
RAM
G. Skill Ripjaws-X 1866mhz 4GBx2
GPU
Sapphire HD 7950 Vapor-X 3GB DDR5
SSD
Plextor MP5 128GB
HDD
Western Digital Black 7200rpm 1TB
Case
Fractal Design Arc Midi R2
Cooler
Hyper 212 Evo

Reason for the parts:

8350 - duh
m5a97 - this seems to be the cheapest 6+2 power phase board that offers good performance
PSU - Might Crossfire in the future. Is this good or should I just get a lower wattage one with silver cert or higher?
RAM - Costs the same as 8gb Vengeance 1600 mhz.. might as well go for this right?
GPU - I just really like this. Might be the part Im not willing to change aside from the 8350
SSD - Same price as Samsung 840 but faster.
HDD - Should I go for Blue instead to save some more bucks?
Case - This one im not really sure of as im worried about the temps.
Cooler - Not really planning on OCing to very high levels as I mentioned.. is this good enough? What about the new Xigmater Night Hawk?

Thoughts?

Jiggeroo

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

When I said wasn't planning on OCing "so much" i meant OCing to the max like 5.0ghz. My bad.

Jiggeroo

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

To make it short I'm only planning to OC to 4.5-4.6ghz as I mentioned above. Still not clear?

I would cut down on the PSU and get a better motherboard. Unless you plan to get higher resolutions or more monitors, I would recommend CrossFire. In the future, there will be better single cards. ;)

As for coolers, get a Phanteks PH-TC14PE, Noctua NH-D14, or custom water cooling.

Jiggeroo

Honorable
Mar 31, 2013

So I assume a 650w PSU would be enough? For the motherboard, the next step (in Asus) is the 990X which has the same power phase if I remember correctly. If not Asus, do you have any to recommend?

I guess I'll go for the Noctua then. Thanks!

Marcopolo123

Honorable
Fractal define r4
~750w for crossfire, i would do crossfire in the future, gives you better performance then a singel new card, able to play on 3 monitors.
~550w for single card