New Pc Build NEED SOME HELP PLZ

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Please read thoroughly as I will be spending a lot of money I have been saving up for this build. Please. Thanks in Advance!

OK so basically I want you guys to judge this, and tell me if these components fit in all together with each other. So please feel free to make suggestions, people will have all different opinions, so I'm going to have a hard time deciding. I'm possibly going to order these parts over the weekend so if you guys can reply that'll be awesome!

So here is the situation at the moment:

I am on a budget, but the parts I've chosen go just a little bit above my budget.

So here goes, hopefully you will understand the way I've have written. I apologize in advance because my English isn't the best:

Cooling is really important to me.

Silent Pc is really important to me.

Aesthetics are really important to me, this means not be able to see many cables on the front of the case. Also the case should have a side window so my pc looks awesome with the parts in it.

I've chosen:

i7 3770k Processor

Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling Kit for processor.

Asus Z77 V Motherboard (chose this because of wifi but mainly because of Fan Expert 2! Also because Asus has really good EFI Bios!) ----- I don't really know how many Case Fans I will be able to control with this motherboard. I know like 4 or 3 I think, but if someone could just confirm thanks :)

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9B

Samsung 840 Pro 128 Gb --- or--- OVZ Vector 128 GB --- (Want the fastest boot time and 400 mb read and write speeds, whether its compressible data or incompressible data.

Seagate Baracutta 2Tb (Already have it)

EVGA GTX 680 FTW 4GB with Backplate. ( I already own this so cant really change it)

CORSAIR AX860i ----- 860 Watt Power Supply ( Fully Modular)
---NOTE!--- If you could please tell me if this Power Supply is good or not and if the Corsair Link software is good. Because this Power Supply is on Special and I only have about 12 HOURS to order it.

Now the case, like I said earlier Looks are really important, needs to have a side windows, decent cooling with at least 200 mm Fan at the Front and at least 2 or 1 200 mm at the Top, Needs to have rugged rubber grommets, 2x USB 3.0, 2x USB 2.0 and Microphone and Headphone jack. I did look at the Corsair 650 D But! it has USB 3.0 Pass through, yes I can get an adapter, but that will add up to the mess.

Some more cases I was looking at:

Corsair 600T
Cooler Master COOLER MASTER HAF XM SIDE WINDOW PANEL
COOLER MASTER HAF X RC-942-KKN1 Black Steel/ Plastic ATX Full Tower

I will be getting some led lighting for the side panel to light up the inside.

2 Sites I use to order Parts

http://www.playtech.co.nz/afawcs0137773/home.html

https://www.computerlounge.co.nz/

Total cost is about $1860 New Zealand Dollars. ( without 680 which is about another $1000 which I already have).

Only have $1800 to Spend. Thank all :)

And I might get some silent fans for H80i from corsair or Noctua I believe its spelt.

I hope to continue this discussion, so If you are unsure please ask and I will reply. Thank You! for you time people. Best community out there!

Going to assume that this is a gaming build. Please correct me if I am wrong. It would be useful to mention what your PC is for.

1. Intel Core i7-3770K is not necessary for gaming as very few games use hyper-threading. Stick with an Intel Core i5-3570K.

2. The H80i is weak. To the point where a regular heatsink will outright outperform it. I'd pick a Phanteks PH-TC14PE_BK (black colored) to match your color schema.

3. The Corsair Vengeance RAM will fit under the heatsink, but a bit of clearance won't hurt. Try a Crucial Ballistix series.

4. The PSU is great, but 850W is overkill. A Corsair TX 650W V2 will do just fine.

5. As for the case, I choose a Fractal Design Define R4 (with Window)

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Thank you for your reply khsam!

Yes it will be for gaming but I want to have that i7 sticker on my case :). Also I will be getting into a little bit of video editing too, and I want to over clock it to at last 4.0 Ghz.

Btw the powersuplly is on special the corsair 850i for 2 hours, so if you can tell me is it really overkill, cause I will be overclocking the processor to 4.0 Ghz and also might be(not sure) getting another 680 in sli in the future.

Then that brings the question of is asus z77 v good for sli, I mean what speed will the cards run at 8x pice 3.0?

But please ksham answer about the powersuplly and which ssd should I go with Samsung 840 pro or ocz vertor (free farcry 3 downloadable copy). THESE TWO PLEASE MUST BE ANSWERED AS TIME IS RUNNING OUT ON THE WEBSITE FOR SPECIAL!

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
More answer are welcome please help?

already bought the ax 860i
and ssd

now need to decided on motherboard, i like fan expert 2 so i cant control my fans
need to decide on the case currently looking at corsair 650 and 600t but both of these have usb 3.0 passthroughs i love the corsair 600t only if it had 2 usb 3.0 and not pass trhoughs but headers

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Yes I've heard that some of the unit pumps on h80i and h100i make noise. The only reason I want to go for water cooling based kit is because 1. They are not as huge as air coolers eg. the Cooler master evo 212. And 2. Because I don't want lots of heavy pressure for my motherboard. And 3. The just look better overall with the tubes going into the CPU people who don't know much about computer think its some sort of high end system!.

I have the h100i or h80i in my mind cause I can control their fan speed, using the corsair link software. I'll be replacing the stock fans with quiet edition fans - static pressure or something (I'm still doing research :p ). I have already bought the Ax 860i It was on special luckily.

I'm just worried about the pump noise it might have. And h100i is only 30 dollars more than the h80i. So im stuck ;/

Btw im still deciding I wish to order parts next week.

All opinions / discussion are welcome!

The Corsair H series is not water cooling. It's liquid cooling. Corsair does not use water in their H series; they use a coolant. Either get a high end air cooler like amuffin said or set up water cooling yourself.

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Asus z77 v
or

Asus z77 v pro

or

asus z77 sabertooth

Want to overclock cpu to 4.0 ghz also will be using 680 for pice 3.0

and

asus xonar sound card 7.1 for pcie will both pcie work fine?

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

I'm Getting the standard V for $250 and v pro for $330, is it worth the extra 80 dollars? or 66 dollars in the us?

What I meant by the pcie was that I watched a video on youtube where JJ from asus says that the delux has more lanes for the pcie, which mean that say one of the pcie doesn't have to shut off in order for the other to work. Cause Im going to be installing a sound card and my gpu too, kinda of noobish. But they both should work fine right? on the v and the v pro?

1. No; definitely not worth the price difference.

2. "one of the pcie doesn't have to shut off in order for the other to work" ???

3. All of the three motherboards that you named have enough PCIe lanes for both your video card and sound card.

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

So I Should go with the standard p8 z77 v. just confirming :) and I want to overclock i7 3770k to 4.0 or 4.2 ghz will that be possible with the z77-V. Cause it does have less phases than the v pro. Thanks in advance for this much help :)

Also quick question: For front panel usb connectors, is it that 2 usb ports are used in one usb header, if you know what I mean. So say I have 4 USB 2.0 front panels, will they come with 2 usb headers, meaning each header will make 2 usb ports work on the front panel.

Yes; the Asus P8Z77-V is fine. It has 4 less power phases, but 12 is still good.

Yes; you'll get 2 headers per USB port. But they usually come grouped in a big plug instead of the small switch wires like your power, reset, led etc.

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Thank you for you help man :) really appreciate it. I've been doing so much research. Thanks again.

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Just another question I did research but cant seem to find a good answer. I'm going with the Corsair 600 T case, which supports a fire wire port. Does the Asus P8 Z77-V motherboard have a fire wire connector? Or does it just plug into a normal Usb connector?

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
Ok so ive decided for sure to go with v and 600 t. If you have any better options for a good looking case with good cable management like 600t please notfiy thanks! Also I'm getting h100i for $20 more than h80i. Which should I got with?

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

No I don't need FireWire, I want to go for asus mobo. But 600t's FireWire will be left unusable, that is if I buy 600t. 600t also had USB pass througj instead of 20pin header, which is a bit of a let down. Do you know of any good looking cases like corsair but that also have good cable management, with 200mm fans with side window... I've looked into haf x and haf xm.

ak47lion

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013

Sorry I meant to say 200mm fans at front of the case and top, cause they make less noise, push more air and spin slower. I don't want a side window fan, I just want side windows so I can see inside. Any cases that look good like corsair 600t? but have good cable management and 200 mm fans at front and top?