Insane laptop overclock

Hey all, I decided to overclock a laptop that I had laying around just for the fun of it and I managed to reach 5.5 Ghz with an AMD Sempron SI-42. I was curious if maybe I was lucky enough to get a really good processor, or if CpuZ was not displaying the correct clock speed.
10 answers Last reply
More about insane laptop overclock
  1. There's no way you did.
  2. That is why I want your opinion. If you look at my sig I have the CpuZ validation for it. Do you think that CpuZ just made a mistake and is displaying the wrong clock?
  3. Probably. What'd you use to OC?
  4. I used K10Stat and the overclock would survive a restart.
  5. At what voltage? The way this is looking, the OC program just changed what CPU-Z reads, instead of actually overclocking.
  6. It is at 1.125 volts but I saw a definite increase in performance ingame and a substantial rise in temperature during benchmarking.
  7. There's just no way 5.5 GHz can be held at 1.125 volts.
  8. I am getting 3DMark right now and I will run it at stock speeds and at "OC" speeds and see if it makes a difference, but I am pretty sure you are right... Unless I have the best Sempron ever made.
  9. Although it did BSOD when I turned the voltage down to 0.850 which means it is doing something.
  10. 5.5GHz @ 0.850v is undervolting like crazy. Even 5.5GHz @ 1.25v is not possible. Even if you somehow managed to get 5.5GHz, you'd be overheating like crazy.
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Laptops