stable or not?

N8man3

Honorable
Feb 6, 2013
Hello everybody!

So I built my new rig back in February and I overclocked my 3570k to 4.4ghz using offset voltages and intel speedstep. Max voltages under stress are around 1.28V (I think... its been a couple months since I've messed with it but I'm pretty sure its this high under stress). Temps don't get above 80ºC during gaming but get into the low 80s during prime95 (I have an H100i). Everything was stable and I was able to play BF3 for hours with no issue. Fast forward to now (May, 2013) and BF3 is crashing. It is not very often. I play 1-4 hours a day depending on how busy I am and its been freezing once per day for the most part. When it freezes I ctrl+alt+del to desktop and end BF3 (says BF3 is not responding). Then start the program back up again and I can play for the rest of my "session" without another freeze. Does this look like an unstable overclock to you? If so why has it become unstable in just a matter of months? Also should I increase the offset one click? I don't really want it to get above 1.3V under stress. OR should I just decrease my OC to 4.3ghz without messing with the voltages. Will I see a difference in 4.4 to 4.3ghz? I don't really feel like doing prime95 for hours and hours and hours again, but I guess I will if I have too.

Thanks!

Nathan