Windows won't load, black screen asking me to (reboot and select proper boot device)

N7Ascension

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Here's how it all began. One day I turned on the computer and it was kinda.. jumpy or laggy. I noticed that in the start menu, the shutdown button had an update sign on it indicating that updates will be installed upon shutdown. So my pc still laggy, I shut it down assuming the update would fix the lag. As it was installing the (only 1) update, the pc was accidentally shut down. I turned it back on and no problems, however lag still came once in a while and then today, the pc completely froze and I had to restart it. Upon restarting, instead of taking me to the user screen where you enter your pass and log in, I was greeted with a black screen that said this "Reboot and select proper Boot device or insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key" can anyone please help me fix this? I don't want to lose my files in documents.

Things I have that can help:

-Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit Reinstallation DVD

-Recovery Product Disc 1 and 2

Additional information: The windows 7 I have now (stated above) came with my pc and I nave not upgraded or installed a new one. Also, I'm a little computer illiterate so step-by-step explanation is vital.

G

It sounds as if you have a corrupted boot loader. This is essentially what tells your PC to boot into Windows each time you start it up. To fix this, insert your recovery disc, and restart. It there is a prompt somewhere on the screen asking you to press a key to boot from the CD, then do so. A screen should appear saying "Windows is loading files." After it loads, follow the on screen windows until you reach the screen that says something to the effect of Automatically detect and fix problems. It should repair itself. I haven't done this in a long time, so please forgive me if it does not work.

iluvnoahk

Reputable
Nov 19, 2014
Ok I have the same problem, I have disks I put them in and nothing, I opened bios tried to set optical boot priority
And it says driver not installed... Im so lost PLEASE HELP!!