Final answer to my friend About GPU motherboard compatibility

devWaleed

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
Hi, Me and my friend have been arguing allot on this topic and I think I am right, But to verify this we need experts answer about it or anybody who know about these things.

I have PGGC MX/1333 (more info) It has PCIE 2.2 x 16 and supports up to Core 2Duo CPU. I have Intel Pentium 4 3.2 GHz Processor and DDR2 Ram.

The question is, I said that ATI Radeon HD 7750 1GB GDDR5 will perform fine on my computer, I know that my CPU will be a bottleneck for it, but I will be upgrading it too with the GPU.

He said that GDDR5 will not work in your PC or if it works, It will give you less than 50% of its performance, you should buy DDR3 instead of DDR5 , He said it is not compatibly with that motherboard, He called it DDR2 motherboard. He is continuosly telling me that I am wrong and DDR3 will give you better performance over DDR5.He even sent me this link

He evan gave me an example that, If two cars with same horse powers, first car has 2 gears only and the other one has 4, The first one cant reach for example 120KM/H while the other can reach that speed using 4 gears. I couldn't understand
what the hack was he saying, So I didn't replied and he dominated at that conversation time.

I am studying computers and these things and I know very well that DDR is a memory type not a motherboard type and I know that GDDR is not DDR, they are different. GDDR is the memory type for GPU which holds the graphics. I will be buying the DDR5 version of that card because I know it will give better performance with the Dual Core 3.0 6MB cache CPU which I will be buying with it.

Please give a detailed, complete and final answer of this argument. So, If I am wrong I dont buy a wrong card.

Sincerely Waleed,
-Thanks.

EDIT: I posted these links on his profile to make him understand what I was saying...

Link Link2

ihog

Distinguished
The motherboard's memory and the GPU's memory have no relation at all in this case (exceptions are IGPs). Your mobo takes DDR2 memory, and DDR3 really doesn't have that much of an advantage over it at the same speeds.

The GPU will not be bottlenecked by your mobo whatsoever.

devWaleed

Honorable
Mar 29, 2013
So, it means that I wont have any performance issue? and Will it work the same as it works in the current generation motherboards except their built-in support for FPS?

Thanks for your answer mate.

TRENDING THREADS