Gaming build with turbo help.

Sirschmoopy23

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Hello everyone,

I recently just bought and built a gaming computer but i had a question.

parts:

asrock 970 extreme 3
sapphire 7850 1g oc
fx 6300 vishera
corsair 500w certified
8g ram kingston hyper blue

i was wondering that most of the items were made for win7 but when trying to update drivers for win8 i was having issues. I just want to make sure that win8 would use a plug and play feature for the drivers. Everything works fine so far, played a game of smite that ran perfect.

For the turbo that should be built in with all of the amd parts will the drivers cause it to not be able to use that built in turbo feature? ( make it go grom 3.5-4.1ghz )

I have catalyst which seems to handle most of it but i didn't want to OC besides the turbo that is built in with the amd items i bought.

Any suggestions?

Thanks! B.

Aaron Simmons

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Windows 8 will update hardware drivers via Windows Update just like Windows 7.

On that note, if you have a driver that either Windows Update isn't detecting, or you can't find a Windows 8 driver for, I've had pretty good luck with just grabbing the Windows 7 drivers, and then running the installers in compatibility mode for Windows 7.

No guarantees on that working, or even on it being completely safe. So if it goes horribly awry, please don't blame me.

On your Turbo question:
For the CPU, those settings can be adjusted in the BIOS. By default the turbo feature should be enabled and work when it needs to. If you don't think it is, then you can check in the BIOS when you restart your pc.

For the GPU, that should be configurable in Catalyst and enabled by default. You'd have to tell Catalyst you don't want it to automatically increase the clock speed. So if I understand what you're asking, then as long as you haven't changed anything, you should be good to go!

Sirschmoopy23

Honorable
May 3, 2013

Ya i haven't changed anything really in the bios or in catalyst, i looked at the motherboard some more and saw it also has plug and play built in so that should help a lot. i just wanted to make sure i could get the most out of my system with the extra features.