infinite reboot loop help!

Raidynxbl

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Hi the other day I came home for the doctor and got on my computer. When I started it up it just kept restarting. It would go past the bios splash screen then to a black screen and shut down and reboot.

Come to find out my wife tells me my son was on my computer pressing buttons in the windows desktop and may have messed something up with the OS.

Well fast forward I have tried everything that I can think of to solve the problem. Ive tried rebooting in safe mode which it doesn't let me. Ive tried putting in another harddrive for a fresh installation and it doesn't let me reinstall. I have taken all the parts out and reseated everything even going as far and replacing my psu, gpu and switching out mobos to see if that was the problem.

Im just at a complete loss here and I cant figure out whats going on. Can someone please help me out.

System specs

Seagate 250gb hdd
western digital 500gb hdd
Asus Maximus V gene mobo
Evga 650 ti card
Corsair 750w psu

Ive also updated bios to rule that out of the equation.

Raidynxbl

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Ive already tried that. The code im getting on the mobo is A2 which is ide detect but ive checked everything.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Is your son old enough for military school? hmmm, I bet that's the last time you don't have a password protected login.

No one really knows, except your son, what really went on and what he really did to the PC. If you've done everything then you might have to replace the PSU, it's probably got lego stuck in it, or a coloured pencil.

Raidynxbl

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
My son is only 1 and I'm assuming that he started pressing keys or something. I've already tried a brand new PSU/GPU so I don't know what else it could be.

knightdog56

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Are there any ports on the front of the case that some small item could have been inserted into them, if so disconnect them and see if system can boot also check reset switch to make sure it is operational.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
If he is only 12 months old then how did he get on the table?

When you get home after work do you go directly to the Pc or go hug your wife and son before doing anything else. Why? Well, it seems rather odd for a 12 month old baby to be sitting on the table, (how could he be standing on the chair?) and then be able to delete anything at all or even know how to use the keyboard and why was Explorer opened at all in the first place?

I think you need to give your wife a bit more attention than you do the PC...

Edit - about the infinite loop, go ask your wife.

Raidynxbl

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
Tenpc I enjoy the occasional troll but the kid is tall enough to reach the keyboard if that answers your question. He could have pressed something and deleted something by accident who knows. He does know how to press buttons and yes a little older then a year I should have been more specific if I knew I was going to be trolled.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
I'm not trolling you, it is just unusual to see a baby being able to get up to the table and then press something that would virtually do any damage at all. Perhaps I shouldn't've mentioned the bit about the wife lol but there doesn't seem any other conclusion. As per the other reply, go check the usb ports for anything that may have been put in them like a paper clip.

I suppose if your baby is more intellectual than most other baby's at that age, it could be a factor that he has watched you at work on the PC and has tried to copy your own actions. If he had seen you fixing the PC, it might be that, he, too was trying to fix it, for you.

Sorry about the previous post.

Raidynxbl

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
No need to be sorry I loled at the post. Nothing is stuck in the USB ports or sound ports. I'm just stumped as to what's wrong. I hooked up another motherboard to see if that was the cause. It kept doing the reboot after. I tried with a different PSU, GPU, and ram and still the same problem. I then tried a blank harddriveand tried to boot from my windows 7 CD and it would not boot so I'm about ready to just give up.

TenPc

Honorable
Jul 11, 2012
Unplug the hard drives, remove the video card and any other PCI cards, only have the ram and power supply, use the onboard video out for display, see how you go.