•AMD Quad-Core A8-5600K, will it run Diablo 3?

Epiphanyswr

Honorable
May 3, 2013
My buddy is trying to buy one of the cheap PC's sold at Best Buy and Staples and both of the ones in his price range are on-chip graphics. I am pretty sure the system can handle the game, I just don't know if the graphics will handle it. Any idea? He is fine playing the game without every bell and whistle turned on, so with that said, would this chip have the graphics to play the game smoothly enough? And as an extra question, if it couldn't run it, and I got him to buy a low end graphics card capable of running it, after install, the card will automatically override the chip, correct?

firo40

Splendid
No it wont be smoothly but it will play, hell just have to get used to cheap laptop quality. Diablo 3 can only utilize 2 cores and is very core dependant. It would be better if he could have gotten an I3 mobile processor for that game and intergrated nvidia graphics of some form but you get what you pay for

Epiphanyswr

Honorable
May 3, 2013

Thanks firo. I am guessing if it isn't smooth, he'd be kind of annoyed. I will have to convince him to put in a little more funds into the upgrade. I really wish he'd build a system with my direction, but ultimately the graphics card is what he needs. Most modern system from 2005 onward I'd think would run the game, as long as they have the graphics. Most systems are 2.8GHz or better, with 2GB RAM or better, but if you have no grapgics you are screwed. Thanks again.

firo40

Splendid
frequencys can be quite misleading when its really core per core value that matters. When you look at a 3.3ghz 3930k and compare it to any other 3.3ghz processor, there's no comparison even if only utilizing 2 core on each the 3930k will have a insane lead in processing power. Any 2nd or 3rd gen I3 is more then enough processing power for that game and is only 100$. 3rd gen would be better as it has hyper threading which is nice over 2 cores 2 threads.

firo40

Splendid
Frequency matters when comparing cpu's of the same archuetecture. You cant compare core to core an athlon 64x2 with an I3 in anyway even if the frequency is the same the I3 will bench way higher in every scenario

firo40

Splendid
Laptops are not designed for gaming really if its gaming he wants building a desktop computer from scratch would be his best bet price and preformance wise. In the end he would be alot happier

anxiousinfusion

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2011

"Select as best solution"