What cpu at 200$ price range can i get to pair with a asus gtx 670 directcu ii oc and asus rampage extreme ii mobo?

Kelyn

Honorable
May 4, 2013
What cpu at 200$ price range can i get to pair with a asus gtx 670 directcu ii oc and asus rampage extreme ii mobo?
I want to be able to play without mini spikes and decent fps the latest available games

You need to increase Your budget by a hundred or so and invest in a new motherboard with a recent socket type. Going with something that old will cost as much as new tech and not be as fast and pose a potential bottleneck on a 670. Get a 3570k and new motherboard. It will be a more worthwhile upgrade over an old, out of date CPU.

Kelyn

Honorable
May 4, 2013
Alright, that sounds like bad news to me i guess.I don't have the 670 yet but i needed a new graphics card since my gtx 295 died on me all of the sudden after 5 years.
I thought that what can go wrong with keeping a 450 $ mobo as rampage ii extreme (price when i got it) but i guess im wrong again!

Anyone can help me with a mobo-cpu combo that can go along with the that 670 (found that specific one for cheap)

Also you think there might be a resale value on the rampage ii extreme ?