Acer Outs Iconia A1 Tablet, Updates Aspire V5, V7 Ultrabooks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy Starr

Honorable
Apr 27, 2013
One other Android tablet which launches this week is the Novo 8 Discovery - which compares closely to the Acer Iconia A1, but with a few key advantages: a more powerful battery (5000 mAh) compared to the 3250 mAh on the Acer; twice the DRAM (2GB DDR3); and an 8 Core GPU (Power VR SGX544MP2). The Discovery is made by Ainol Electronics which won runner-up for Best Tablet of the Year at CES 2012, for the first Novo series tablet - - one of the first sites this new tablet is available through is called TabletSprint and is priced at $155.
The Discovery matches most other features of the Acer, including an 7.85" mini-iPad size screen, 16GB Memory, a Quad Core processor (Actions ATM7029/1.5 GHz), Android 4.2 O/S, Bluetooth, MicroSD, Front and Rear Cameras, and HDMI 1080p... however, the Novo 8 Discovery also has one the latest technology innovations which launched in 2013... Miracast HD Wireless technology, that with an Adapter ($25) provides wireless connection to any HDTV - ideal for streaming movies (Netflix) and for video games as well as any other web content... essentially turning any HDTV into a computer device. The site TabletSprint also offers a promotion with $25 in Bonus Apps that includes several popular 3D games and an Office Suite with Word, Excel & PowerPoint.

G

Finally, more laptops using AMD processors. Seriously, good graphics combined with decent CPU power in a fairly low power envelope. I don't understand how that doesn't sound like a no-brainer.

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
It's not that AMD CPUs are underpowerd, it's that Intel CPUs are more power efficient, thus better battery. Now ... I don't know how many people prefer 20 minutes more battery vs a smoother experience overall, but I digress.

greghome

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
From what I've seen.....the V5 series are pretty pointless.
They're thin, but that's about as far as they go with being an ultrabook.
They still weigh as much as or even more than a Lenovo G480 which is about 50% thicker.

Status
Not open for further replies.