ASRock N68C-GS FX Fans Spin No Video

kctechpro

Honorable
May 4, 2013
I have done several previous builds. This time I purchased a combo ASRock N68C-GS FX motherboard with the ADM Athlon II X2 270 (Part #ADX270OCGMBOX). On first boot Fans spin, no POST, No Beeps, No Video. The ASRock CPU support list does not show this Part#. The closest is ADX270OCK23GM. So does anyone know if the ADX270OCGMBOX is compatible? And yes, I checked the cabling. I even tried pulling the DDR. At bare minimum I expect POST beeps.

webduelist

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
A no post could be cause by many thing, this includes, RAM, CPU, Motherboard, and as I recently found out A bad SSD. If you can try the CPU in a second board to determine if it is a CPU or a Motherboard issue. Also if you can find some Ram you know works and test with it on both boards to eliminate the Ram as a factor.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Those are the same processor. One is the OEM pkg (no cooler) and the other is the boxed unit w/cooler.
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K10/AMD-Athlon%20II%20X2%20270%20-%20ADX270OCK23GM%20%28ADX270OCGMBOX%29.html

Assuming you are using the on-board video, Are you connected to a VGA monitor via a known-good VGA cable? And is the monitor set to VGA input? If the above is true, I would set the MB on an insulated surface and breadboard the system... connect just the CPU/cooler, 1 stk RAM (1st slot), PSU (both cables), and video to monitor. Short the 2 pins the pwr sw would connect to and see if you can boot to BIOS.