My newly build computer won't turn on?

Jamfire

Honorable
May 4, 2013
I'm pretty good with computers and i just recently spent $2000 building my own high end computer. I had everything up and running for about 2 months now and yesterday i decided to put in a new hard drive. I had to use a new power cord because i had used all of them on the other hard drives, etc. and plugged it into the SATA power port on the power supply. I plugged in my towers side fan into it as well as the new hard drive. When i went to go test if it worked, my computer turned on (my side fan is about an 18" fan on the side that has a green LED) and the fans green light came on for about a second, then turned off. Now every time i try to turn it on it doesn't do anything. My motherboard has always had a power icon button that is lit up orange, which is still glowing orange, so i'm assuming it's not the power supply (850 W power supply). I guess i should put it out there that i installed a Belkin 6 outlet wall mount protector that has USB ports on it yesterday on my wall outlet as well. The green light that says "protected" is on so i'm also assuming i installed that in properly into my wall outlet. if anyone can help me out with this problem that's be great!

EDIT: i thought it might be helpful if i posted my build for you guys:

1 x ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner - Bulk - OEM

Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics

2 x CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M1A1600C10

1 x CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS GOLD Certified Modular Active

1 x GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD5H-WB LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

1 x EVGA 04G-P4-3673-KR GeForce GTX 670 FTW+ 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

1 x OCZ Vertex 4 VTX4-25SAT3-128G 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

1 x Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

the hard drive i just put in is the "Seagate® 1TB (1000GB) Internal Hard Drive Kit, 7200 RPM" that i bought from my work.

LINK: http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/993065/Seagate-1TB-1000GB-Internal-Hard-Drive/

If you're wondering why i'm putting a 4th HDD in it's because i wanted to have one dedicated to boot into windows 7 as my other is windows 8 pro (idk about everyone else but i love Windows 8). Some games i want to play are weird and won't play in Windows 8 (bioshock infinite) and it would also be nice to be able to have my Dad use something that i don't have to teach him/hear him complain about 24/7. thanks!

I'm not following your post well.

"I had to use a new power cord because i had used all of them on the other hard drives, etc. and plugged it into the SATA power port on the power supply. I plugged in my towers side fan into it as well as the new hard drive."

Can you elaborate on the above? You mean that the PSU didn't come with enough for 4 HDD? The side fan use the same power cord? I'm so confused. It almost makes no sense. Any possibility for a few pics and labels?

Jamfire

Honorable
May 4, 2013

My psu came with enough, what i'm getting at is that i had to use multiple power SATA cords (the ones it came with only had 3 SATA cables connected to the 1 power cord) because the one that's in use now has no open connections to connect the new hard drive. The side fan is daisy chained to the rear fan then connected to the psu. i guess it is worded pretty confusing but that's the only way i could put it that made sense to me haha. I'll post pics after i'm off work.

Jamfire

Honorable
May 4, 2013
I RMA'd my mobo and that was the issue. PC is up and running again after almost a month waiting for Gigabyte...definitely won't be buying another board from them.