New computer build freezing consistently

Gasline1

Honorable
May 4, 2013
I just recently built this computer to replace my old one, and it is periodically freezing, never instant or anything, it seems after maybe 2-3 hours. Sometimes less. it's specs:
intel i3 3.33ghz CPU
12gbs of ram
Rnx g300lx wireless adapter
Gtx 560 ti graphics card
P8b75-v asus motherboard
500gb western digital sata hdd

Most of these parts are essentially new, the oldest part is the graphics card 3months or so and it was in my last computer, and the hard drive is from my last computer as well, what could be causing these freezes? It's a clean install of windows 7 and the sort, If you need any more details please let me know, as this is my first time posting here. Thanks in advance

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador
Freezing like that on a recently installed O/S may be caused by the graphic driver or some registry error. Run CCleaner and do the Clean and Registry portions both. Run it until it comes back clean.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

Are you using the latest driver for your gfx card and O/S? All the Windows updates installed? You might try running it with just the on-board graphics for awhile to see if it still freezes with the gfx card removed and its driver uninstalled.

Gasline1

Honorable
May 4, 2013

it was actually the onboard graphics clashing with the graphics card, thanks for your help! i may have not been able to figure it out otherwise.

chavez1

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I have been having the same type of issue/s and have tried all the same help people have had to offer, in all the dfferent post I've read online.
Update: To actually fix this issue I ended up having to go to the device manager and check for driver updates on all my devices, one at a time. I think the ones that had updates that fixed this issue were the ACPIx64-based PC under the computer drop down and the IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers, specifically the ICH ATA and SATA AHCI controllers (I think these made the difference). I checked them all, but these were the only ones that had updates. Once those were updated and the computer was restarted, it has stayed on. It's been on for a day now and no problems so far.