New Build - Monitor cannot find a signal. Any help would be appreciated.

rgrimm01

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013
This is my current setup: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/USCo

Just finished the build today. I connected everything and powered everything up for a quick test and I got a screen from Asrock to show up when I was connected via HDMI. However, I noticed that a wire was hitting the video cards fan. As such, I turned off everything and rearranged the wire that was hitting the fan. When I turned the machine back on (still using HDMI) my monitor cycled through the various display options (HDMI, VGA, and DVI) and then it showed "No Signal". I am very confused as to why I would have gotten something to shown on the screen and then nothing a few minutes later.

I checked that everything is connected properly and nothing seems to be loose. There is power going to the video card, motherboard, fans, power supply, monitor, opitical drive, and hard drive. I guess something could've happened to the CPU or Motherboard but I'm confused as to why I would've gotten something to boot up on my first try if something was wrong with a component.

I took the video card out and checked all the wiring for it. I had two modules of RAM but didn't change anything about that between my first and second boot. I did remove both pieces of RAM and also left only one in to see if anything was up with that but that didn't change anything.

The monitor works because I connected my laptop to it and was able to get a image to show up on the monitor. Obviously that means something is wrong inside the case but I don't know how I go about resolving the issue.

Thanks for everyone's help in advance. Being a first time builder I don't have a lot of experience with this stuff so any advice would be great.

Update #1: I just retried the CMOS/BIOS restart. I put the jumper to the reset position and removed the CMOS battery for a few minutes. I moved the jumper back to the correct position and put the battery back in. Then I removed the video card and booted up using HDMI to contact to the monitor. I actually got a signal on the monitor. It is showing BIOS information, CPU info, motherboard info, etc. and it is showing that the CMOS date/time is not set. Does this mean something went wrong with the video card or do I need to set up something and then the video card should work?

rgrimm01

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

The firewire cable and another cable were too close to the video card's fan so I moved them and zip tied them but I did not move any component or the tower itself.

rgrimm01

Honorable
Feb 22, 2013

The jumper is still attached. I cleared the CMOS using the jumper and tried to boot everything up again but nothing has changed.