CPU that can handle Flash professional

JayDee McFly

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
what type of processor would be good for adobe flash professional? i am looking to spend around $400-500 on a laptop and the best buy dude told me i would need one with a good processor and i am not well versed in what kind of specs i would need when buying a laptop within my budget. so any body able to inform me i greatly appreciate it. thanks.

jaytechgaming

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
With the specs Adobe has out there for this program almost any modern cpu can run this program. Is this the only program you are going to be running. Will you be multitasking at all. Etc?

jaytechgaming

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
Do you care about:
Large Screen? - Self explanatory.
Fast Hard Drive? - Means that programs will open faster. Saving files is faster. Installing is faster. Etc.
MultiTasking (More Ram & Beefier CPU)? -How many programs and what will you be running at the same time? Just an internet browser and flash? Photoshop and Flash? All three? Etc.
Touch Screen? - May be out of budget.
Operating System?

Make a list of what you want in order of importance.

JayDee McFly

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
well maybe a little photoshop and illustrator as well but i figured flash might be a little more taxing.
no touch screen. the laptops ive been looking at were i5 around 2 ghz with about 4 gbs of ram and 500 gb
hdd running windows 7 or 8 no touch screen and the

size varies on the screen between 15.6 and 17

jaytechgaming

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

i5 will definitely be enough to run all three (go for the new gen).
4GB Ram in the sweet spot for RAM.
Screen Size is your preference.
ALSO, go for the best res possible and talk to the guy concerning color quality of each display because the quality of the display matters ALOT. If you have a bad display, especially in a laptop, you're stuck with it AND photoshop, flash, etc. Require you to use color (hopefully) and hopefully you want people to see the colors the way you want them to see them.

JayDee McFly

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
but yeah probably be multitasking a bit. switching between the adobe programs but probably have a browser and flash open same time stuff like that. i was asking because the best buy guy said that i can only get an i7 laptop otherwise flash will be too laggy and i was hoping he just said that to make scare me a bit into paying for any of their i7 laptops rather than the i5. from what ive seen the ones im interested in have Intel 4000 integrated graphic cards and im not sure wjat that will do in terms of simply running my programs smoothly.
thanks for the speedy response btw

jaytechgaming

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

Unless you are doing large video conversions or playing games you do not need anything higher than intel integrated graphics.

JayDee McFly

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
well he said something with an i7 or a better more expensive dedicated graphics card which the $450 Asus i5 having laptops had.

jaytechgaming

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

Can you link me to one of the laptops? Do you remember the names of any?

JayDee McFly

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
yeah i was hoping to make u kno maybe 2-5 minute vids and post them on youtube thats my goal so i just want something thatll run smooth and not too slow
whats ur opinion on windows 7 or windows 8. i kno everythings on 8 these days but ive been reading reviews just trash talking it so it kinda deferred me from that lol

jaytechgaming

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013

Just making 2-5 min videos doing tutorials in CS6 I'm guessing. You should be fine, although I have not used intel much to confirm that it would would smooth, but I am pretty much sure it should work fine, 99% sure to be exact.

I have windows 8 on my computer that I am using right now. I find it to run smooth and really enjoy it. Don't listen to all the bull reviews.

JayDee McFly

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013

my bad he said they didnt have them. yeah a few of the asus a55a th51 or ab51 or the toshiba satellite.p755

jaytechgaming

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
If you want to record videos and such, now that I think of it, why not go with a laptop with a A-Series APU?

It is a CPU with Discrete Graphics Performance.

Take a look at this one. Should do everything you want it to. Thank me later :D

http://www.microcenter.com/product/410165/K55N-DS81_156_Laptop_Computer_-_Black

Microcenter has the best prices and customer service PERIOD. They will not try to get you something you do not want (at least every time I have been there)

JayDee McFly

Honorable
Apr 15, 2013
yeah i was considering that laptop when i first started searching. i read online that i5 is better than amd. this one can handle video editibg as well as flash animating?