ssd boot drive and 2hdd raid0

Can i use my ssd as the boot drive and use 2 1tb hdd drives in raid0 as storage? I have tried different things but no succes so far...

I have Asus z77p8-v deluxe
5 answers Last reply
More about ssd boot drive 2hdd raid0
  1. Yes, you can do that.
    Your SSD should be connected to one of the Intel 6Gb/s ports (SATA6G_1 or SATA6G_2). See page 2-2 of your motherboard manual for the location of the ports.

Your HDDs should be connected to any of the Intel 3Gb/s ports (SATA3G_3 thru SATA3G_6).

The ports your HDDs are connected to have to be in RAID mode. See page 3-22 for directions on changing SATA modes.

When you're done save your BIOS settings and reboot. During POST press "Ctrl-I" to enter RAID BIOS. When you're in RAID BIOS you can then create your RAID-0 array.
    See page 4-24 for directions on setting up RAID arrays.

If you have not yet installed your O/S on your SSD then don't connect your HDD's until after O/S installation is complete.
  2. Dereck47 said:
    Yes, you can do that.
    Your SSD should be connected to one of the Intel 6Gb/s ports (SATA6G_1 or SATA6G_2). See page 2-2 of your motherboard manual for the location of the ports.

Your HDDs should be connected to any of the Intel 3Gb/s ports (SATA3G_3 thru SATA3G_6).

The ports your HDDs are connected to have to be in RAID mode. See page 3-22 for directions on changing SATA modes.

When you're done save your BIOS settings and reboot. During POST press "Ctrl-I" to enter RAID BIOS. When you're in RAID BIOS you can then create your RAID-0 array.
    See page 4-24 for directions on setting up RAID arrays.

If you have not yet installed your O/S on your SSD then don't connect your HDD's until after O/S installation is complete.

Thank you!
    when i setup the hdd to raid0 i didnt disconnected them from the moderboard before installing then os...
  3. is it still able to boot up or did you run startup repair to fix it or something?
  4. popatim said:
    is it still able to boot up or did you run startup repair to fix it or something?

It booted up perfectly without running any repair programs, I just had to format the hdds in the raid0 with partition manager to see them in "my computer"
  5. Nice!
Ask a new question

Read More

SSD Storage Hard Drives Boot