• Yes it will run the game fine

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, but at low settings and medium fps

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No it will not run WoW at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
G

Hi, im new to the forms and also new to all this computer stuff. Basically i got a free computer free form a friend. I would like to play World of Warcraft on it. Will this computer run it? Here is some info on the system.

Sony Vaio VGC-RB52
Windows XP Sp3
Intel Pentium D 820 2.80 ghz processor
Xfx Radeon HD 6670 1gb ddr3 video card
2gb ddr2 ram
Corsair tx650 Power supply (stock bestec one blew up and i replaced it with this)
250gb 7200 rpm hdd

Im asking because i am not good with computer stuff, and basically i would like some opinions from you guys. I do realize this cpu is VERY dated, but it does meet the minimum cpu requirements for world of warcraft. I would like to know for sure before i pay for my subscription again. What kind of performance can i get out of this? i know WoW is cpu intensive but is it so heavy on the cpu that the dedicated video card wont pick up the slack and make it work? Could i run say good settings 60 fps? Please no upgrade advice i am broke and i dont need to have the best graphics ever i just want to play WoW nothing else.

Thank you all in advance for your help! and sorry if this is in the wrong section.

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
This machine WILL run wow, and on low settings you might have a fairly decent experience. But anything past fair settings, and you could consider it not a realistic possibility. This is assuming a clean install of Windows and updated drivers.

JefferyD90

Honorable
Jun 1, 2012
And I know you said you don't have the cash to upgrade, but getting up to 4GB of RAM would cost you like $30 and would be a pretty nice upgrade. But I don't have such a problem with 2GB if you don't.

TRENDING THREADS