how much can i overclock my 6670 ddr3 radeon GPU

Rajaram

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Hi friends,
Can anyone tell me how much can i OC my 6670 DDR3 radeon GPU.
My specification without OC is:

Core clock- 800MHz, Memory clock- 667 Mhz. How can i find how much voltage is it taking ???

I am using Corsair VS 450w PSU.

Someone told that MSI Afterburner is the best software for OC any GPU.
Since i am fresher to OC, pls help me regarding this......

With regards,
Raj

spat55

Distinguished
Use GPU-Z, free download and tells you everything. Then for overclocking MSI Afterburner is what I have been using, but Asus tweak or Sapphire Trixx is what others use. When you have either of those use a stress tester, MSI Kombustor comes with MSI Afterburner if you want it to, which is what I have used.

Nobody can tell you how much it can overclock as all do so differently as all chips are different.

Rajaram

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Rajaram

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Thanks for the replay spat55.
I have used MSI Afterburner, but how much should i tweak the value i dont know.

Actual value of my GPU is Core clock- 800MHz, Memory clock- 667 Mhz.
After OC to 805MHz and 677MHz when i click on stress test it tested and later i.e. after the completion of test it showed Temp- 62C. So on ur experience how much more can i OC. In the MSI Afterburner i dont know how to increase the voltage. So pls help me regarding this.

Can anyone else answer this question. Pls help me because i am new to this topic. My graphics card is Sapphire 6670 DDR3

Thank u.

spat55

Distinguished

Do the core only first, go up in 50mhz bumps first, then watch for 10 minutes, see what your temps are then if you don't crash keep going till you start crashing, i.e blue screen or your drivers start kicking out. You might need to do a restart to if they do kick out.

When you find that it is unstable like that, start backing down in 10mhz bumps till you find it stable and no longer Blue screening or drivers giving out, then you are fine.

Rajaram

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Rajaram

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Thank u very much man i really want to thank u. But still u did not told that how can i adjust the voltage in MSI afterburner, and should i increase my memory clock also or it is not required ???!!!!!!.

Pls answer me. I am waiting for ur reply.........

spat55

Distinguished

You have to go into advanced mode to do that, but I wouldn't recommend it, if you go to far you'll fry it.

For the memory clock you can overclock that if you want, but the core is always the one to go for as it is the fastest, although you can do that to now. When you overclock the memory clock you have to watch out for artifacts, things that shouldn't be there, they will flash up like a dot or some lines, this is when to back down on the memory clocks.

Remember that not one stress tester is enough, yesterday after this I decided to go further with my HD 7850 and took it up to 1180mhz, stable enough for 10 minutes on kombustor then crashed at the end of the Uniengine Heaven benchmark.

Rajaram

Honorable
May 6, 2013

Rajaram

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Thank u very much. I think now i can advice to someone who asks how to OC the GPU.

And i really appreciate ur replay.
Once again thank u very very much..................