Choosing a single slot Radeon 7750 (XFX vs. two PowerColors)

tatoolo

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Hello, I am looking at getting a new card for my system; currently I am using a XFX Radeon 4670 and have started doing a bit more PC gaming, so it seems like a good time to upgrade. I have a small case and need to find a single slot card, and also have a 250W power supply so power usage is a concern as well. I've narrowed it down to the following three versions of the Radeon 7750 (in order of least to most expensive from the site I plan to buy from):

Powercolor (1GB GDDR5)
Powercolor (4GB DDR3)
XFX

I'm not as savvy as I used to be. From what research I've done, it seems like the 1GB GDDR5 is probably preferable to the 4GB DDR3, but I'd like confirmation from someone who knows more than I do! Also I'd like to know if there is much difference between the PowerColor and the XFX card; they seem comparable, but there is a pretty big price difference between the two on ncix.com where I plan to order.

Thank you all for any help you can provide!

Yes, GDDR5 surely better than DDR3, but remember, a single slot card need more attention, it could hot faster. But If you have a good airflow in your case then it's okay...

I will try to get XFX better than PowerColor. :)