Processor - i5 3470
Motherboard - Intel DB75EN
Ram - 4 GB
Hard Disk - 1TB
Graphic Card - Asus AMD 7750 1GB GDDR5
Operating System - Window 8 Pro 64 bit
Windows Experience Index - 5.9/9.9
Screen Resolution- 1440x900

i am not a hardcore gamer and i only play ac series but i want all the recent games like - Battlefield 3, NFS Most Wanted 2013, Skyrim, Batman Arkham City , Assassin's Creed 3, GTA 4 and upcoming future games like - Assassin's Creed 4,5, Batman Arkham Origin, Call Of Duty Ghost, Battlefield 4, GTA 5 should run smoothly with all the setting high except screen resolution. Is it possible? I have recently built this rig @ 35k. Is it a great deal or some upgrade is necessary?

Quaddro

Distinguished

Nope, his system IS a mid-low specs..

If you want to see the beauty of game engines, then your card will struggle hard in today games..
Well, i suggest you to get something more powerful, 7870XT, this is very good card, more than twice faster than your current card, and this card is bang of the buck for performance and price ration..

mindyourbusiness

Honorable
May 6, 2013

is my motherboard the best motherboard under 5500rs. ? and asrock is better than intel?

Quaddro

Distinguished
Since your processor cannot be overclocked, then you'll be fine with your motherboard..
Intel motherboard is very good, stable, and very good durability..

Well, asrock and intel have a different segmentation..
if asrock is a good performance motherboard (like overclocking etc), then intel is very durable motherboard..

mindyourbusiness

Honorable
May 6, 2013

I wanted to ask that my processor i5 3470 does not have OC option...is it okay? because i think overclocking doesn't increases much of your speed or something else. It just makes some heating issue and for that i had to get decent fan for my cpu..which is a waste. I thought of getting i5 3570K but then it was a bit coslier. I have oc option in my graphic card but then who overclocks it.
And secondly, i didn't know about haswell stuff when i was building but when i saw the comparing of my processor with the of i5 haswell i found this -
http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4430-vs-Intel-Cor...

had i made a mistake by not waiting for it?

Quaddro

Distinguished
Well..
You don't have to overclock your processor, graphics card(s) etc..

Sometimes people overclock just satisfy them self, to show up to the other people that he/she can reach certain speed..
The others is have to overclock in order to decrease waiting time while do some massive computing (rendering, etc)
and the rest because they cannot afford better processor, so they have to overclock in order to minimize performance gap between it.

wait for haswell..?? then why not wait for skylake?
with 10 nm technology, skylake will be faster around 10-20% than haswell..

the point is, if you want to wait, then you'll have to wait forever..

mindyourbusiness

Honorable
May 6, 2013

ya man i totally agree with you..
two more questions -
1. I have windows 8 pro 64bit. Though i have a nice pc, windows 8 shows many issues like - when it opens the start menu goes black and then i have to restart and it starts normally, it lags for 5min while loading the icons and other stuff when i click desktop button on start menu and after that it starts working normally...
I have updated win8 with new updates...is there any problem in the new update or windows 8 pro?? shuld i switch to windows 7 ultimate? Have you experienced any type of lag in win8?

2. I have tried emulating ps2 games through pscx2 and the game ran smoothly and clearly on 3x. I searched got some type of ps3 emulator and i wanted to try hands on that one. But before that i have to download some ps3 game..which i don't want because i am not sure that it will run or not..Can u tell me if it will run smoothly on 2x only on this pc?

Quaddro

Distinguished
1. Mmm..actually i never use win 8 before.I do not like interface of Win 8..But when i working with win 7, i have no trouble at all..
2. i have no experience with any game emulator..:D

mindyourbusiness

Honorable
May 6, 2013

hey, if i had purchased best model of i3 which would had costed me around 7k or 8k and then i could have purchased gtx 560 or 560 ti...then too my budget would be under 30k...and better performance i think!
what do you think would there have been any decrease in performance if i had i3 and a better graphic card?

Quaddro

Distinguished
Yes, you'll have better frame rate with that combo..

But,
since i3 class is dual cores (hyperthreaded to 4 cores) and almost all games right now can utilize 4 cores or more, that will be slightly bottleneck between your processor and graphic card..
and
any intensive processing application, (rendering, image editing, movie converting etc), will be much slower rather than i5 class..

but if your computer just for gaming purpose, then i3 + 560Ti (well, this card even slightly faster than 650Ti boost), is better than i5 + 7750.

mindyourbusiness

Honorable
May 6, 2013

hey, my graphic card is asus 7750 1gb ddr5 v2 (v2 means the newer version of 7750 which had launched recently) costed me around 7800rs. On the box it is written 820mhz overclocked...does it mean that it is an OC edition? and secondly is there any or any major diff. between 7750 v2 and 7770?

Quaddro

Distinguished
Yes, your card is overclocked version, but just slightly 20 Mhz faster than default 7750

Difference between 7750 vs 7770
7770 has more Unified Shaders and Texture Mapping Units..
The only con of the 7770 is it uses more power than the 7750.

but there's no point to upgrade from your 7750 to 7770, since 7770 just a hair faster than 7750..

mindyourbusiness

Honorable
May 6, 2013

hey my processor consist of hd2500 inbuilt graphics which is a little old compared to hd4000 which i5-3570k has..but taking my asus gc..does it make any difference?

and secondly can i oc my graphic card above 820?

Quaddro

Distinguished
if you use discrete graphic card, intel onboard graphic will not functioning..discrete graphics will take all of graphics processor works..

Well, asus mobo and graphics card is well known for overclocking ability,

Usually, maximum stable clocks of your card around 930 MHz core (13% overclock) and 1260 MHz Memory (10% overclock).

gpuz_oc.gif

But still,it can't beat 7770 version..

TRENDING THREADS