Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 or Fractal R4?

Edward Gelernt

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
I'm building a system and am trying to decide on a case. I have whittled the decision down to two cases: the Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 and the Fractal R4. They both look like very good cases with tremendous sound dampening performance. I'm not a cooling freak, so that fact that Nanoxia has a dual-channel fan controller vs. the R4's single-channel controller doesn't bother me. I do like the fact that the R4 has an option to have a side panel window, but it only has 2 optical bays vs. the DS1's three (I was planning to install an optical drive, multi-card reader, and drawer into the optical bays). Any recommendations?

Thanks for the help!

Nanoxia Deep Silence is IMO better. Both are similar, but the big selling point for me is that the Nanoxia one has better water cooling support. I also like the roof thing that Nanoxia did.

But if you don't care about the small differences, get whichever you think looks better.

Edward Gelernt

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013

I MIGHT water cool my CPU (though not likely), but nothing more. Would the DS1 give me any better options there than the R4?

Edward Gelernt

Honorable
Mar 23, 2013
1. I am aware that the DS1 is hard, if not impossible, to find in the US. I still looked at it though.

2. I've looked at the DS2 in relative detail as well and they're not quite the same case. The DS1 is available in black as well as white; color is not the difference between the two.

Thanks for the help! I think I'm going to get the R4. I like the side window a lot and I can always get a USB-interface SD card reader if I need one.

TRENDING THREADS