My PC Freezes on gaming...Help me Plzzz...

imrantheking

Honorable
May 1, 2013
My PC Specs:-
Processor:-Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @3.00GHZ(Stock)...
Motherboard:-Gigabyte ga-g41 mt S2PT...
Ram/Memory:-4GB Crucial DDR3 1333mhz...
HDD:-WD Caviar GP 500GB...
Graphics Card:-Nvidia Asus GT610 Silent Edition 1GB DDR3...(Total mem. available...2.7GB)...
Power Supply:-Low-Mid End Power Supply...Dont know the details about it...
Games on which errors encounter:-
1:-DiRT 3...............2:-NFS The Run.......3:-Call of Duty MW3....e.t.c....
These games ran fine on my old mobo before it got burnt having 2gb ddr2 rams...now after changing my mobo and memories this problem is encountering...And My PC freezes with the HDD light being constant...(Doesnt blinks at all)...And I have to do a hard Reset....And My system fully satisfies the requirements of the games...I have all the latest drivers and have done many tweaks:-
1:-Reinstalling Windows...(Win 7 Ultimate 64-bits)...
2:-Replacing Thermal Paste of CPU and GPU...
3:-Installing the drivers from the CD given with the Hardwares and updating them...
4:-Installing additional fan 120mm for more air ventilation...
5:-Removing side cover while gaming...

I really dont know the bug in it:- :bug:
I tried playing games while removing the GPU and that worked...No freezes...
Now the Question is that what is wrong...My Mobo...My psu or my gpu...?
I dont know where to go...and i cant give up gaming as it's a part of my life...
My Bios settings are at default....Any Ideas Guys...
ANY HELP IS APPRECIATED....THANKS...

venjhammet

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
Well most probably it's your GPU that is making the freeze thing while gaming. Have you tried monitoring it's temp while playing? It could be overheating.

Pitkid777

Honorable
May 2, 2013
If you removed the GPU and everything works just fine then you need to troubleshoot that specifically. Is the amperage high enough? Is the power supply cord to it damaged? Is there dust on the card?

imrantheking

Honorable
May 1, 2013
Thanks for all the suggestions guys....Thanks V.much....I have figured out that it was not the temp.of the gpu...But it was the Overclocking that made my card unstable...I resetted it to its default Mem.clock and Gpu. clock and no more problems or freezes....Again...Thanks guys for all your suggestions...I am really happy as i thought it was something complicated than GPU or PSU or my MOBO...It's fully stable now and i have ran NFS The Run and Dirt 3 for about 7 Hours of continous gaming and no Freeze or lag...