Sign in with
Your question

New Desktop For Daily Uses

Last response: in Computer Brands
May 6, 2013 12:35:57 PM

I am looking for a cheap desktop for internet uses, and for opening programs. Not hardcore programs though. I found four desktop that are cheap. I don't need the monitor, keyboard, speaker, or mouse.
Dell
HP #1
HP #2
HP #3
If you find anything cheaper, please let me know.

More about : desktop daily

May 6, 2013 7:17:32 PM

If choosing between the three HP computers I would go with #2 or #3. I like the processor of #2 and prefer Windows 7 but #3 has a dedicated graphics card (though it appears to be rather low end) and 6 USB 2.0 ports vs. the 2 on the #2 choice. If you are willing to spend another $30 you could consider the HP p6-2420t - http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Des... . It has a slightly faster processor and two USB 3.0 ports.
May 7, 2013 8:44:21 AM

Would the Dell desktop work? It has four usb 2.0. Two on back and two on front. It also has two 3.0 on front. Keyboard and mouse included, so that's a plus. But, I'm wondering if two gb ram and Intel® Celeron® G465 processor (1.5M Cache, 1.9 GHz) would be enough?
May 7, 2013 9:28:10 AM

A Celeron may do the job but personally I would prefer the Pentium chip. I don't think you will be happy with only 2GB of RAM, 4GB is the minimum I would recommend.
!