Problem with Computer building

ody1205

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Hi, I would like to ask you guys a question and possibly get an answer from you guys. I am building a new computer. I bought everything though Amazon and I was putting all together with my friend who already built a computer and knows about this stuff. We finally put every parts where it should be and connected every cords. When I turned on my computer, it started only one fan and other fans (there are 2 more) didn't even work. My friend said he thinks it's either the processor or the motherboard is broken. I requested to amazon to replace the motherboard. Here is my questions, is anyone have same problem or know how to fix this problem? Do I have to replace the processor, too? Thank you for reading and please help me!!

What case did you buy? How many fans do you have? How and what are they connected to? It would help to post up your build.

Nevermind the fans, when you turn on your computer, do you get a POST? Do you see anything on the screen? Can you boot into it?

ody1205

Honorable
May 6, 2013
I still have the motherboard. There are three fans and the only thing that works is one fan & CD room. I don't think there is any power going into the mother board. Screen does not work, the graphic card fan does not move. My computer case is http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003YVJJ5Y/ref=oh_details_o02_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and motherboard is http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007KTY4A6/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I read all the instructions for the computer parts and the case before I plugged in any cords. Also the motherboard comes with the power and reset button built in but those doesn't work either.

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012
This happened to me 2ce, but it happens no longer. Lol, 1st, check to see if you have the TOP 8 pin connector connected to power. If it isn't, you need to plug that in right away. Also, if it is plugged in, request replacement MoBo.

Then it might be a problem with the power supply or with the connections.
Are the 24 and the 4/8 pin power cables connected?
I suggest also testing the board outside the case, for ruling out a short.

ody1205

Honorable
May 6, 2013
Ok guys, Never mind on fans. The Graphic card, cpu, and the case fans are working. but now i can't figure out how to turn on the monitor.... I am trying to use the HDMI cable to turn it on. Any suggestions?

ody1205

Honorable
May 6, 2013
sorry for the confusion. I connected my computer with my monitor with HDMI cable. But nothing is showing up. I am using the same cable and same monitor to turn on the computer(not new one) and it works fine.

griptwister

Distinguished
Oct 7, 2012
ody, if you have a graphics card, unplug the cable for that, then, plug in a cable that fits into that mother board.

If you're already have the cable for the motherboard plugged in, try pugging in the cable that connects your monitor to the graphics card.