No post. No visual. No beeps.

LifeOfTheFuneral

Honorable
May 6, 2013
So as far as i can tell my computer may simply be cursed. But let me start at the beginning just in case any of you gentlemen may be able to tell me what has rendered me computer-less for 3 months.

I had my computer running just fine for little over a year until one night while playing PoE my computer just randomly shuts off completely. I start it back up and it runs fine for about a day then shuts down randomly again, restart and it shuts down in about an hour etc. until i couldn't turn it on at all. I was able to get it to turn back on for a little bit by power flushing it (holding in the power button when it was unplugged) but it was a temporary fix. Before this i was having 0 problems with my comp.

So now i have a computer that wont post at all, and shows nothing on the screen when i turn it on, but from what i can tell everything is receiving power. So my first thought is to test PSU and check CMOS, both seemed to be working fine. Memtest for the ram and tried different stick altogether, fine. Checked graphics card in different machines, works. Tried working one in mine, no luck. replaced motherboard 3 different times via RMA process. Nothing. Bought new CPU. Nothing.
Have tested every single component one by one outside of case and havent got so much as a beep.

Spec

Motherboard: Asus M5A87

CPU: AMD FX-4100 Zambezi, Quad core, and FX-6100 6 core

Ram: G skill Ripjaws X series 4gb 1 stick ddr3, used to have 2 buth the other one crapped out 8 motnhs ago

PSU: Antec BP550 plus

Graphics: Sapphire flex Radeon HD 6870 1gb

I have tried other smaller things but this post is long enough

Thanks for the help

Hi, Try starting the board outside the case with only CPU and CPU fan installed. Check if the cooler is spinning when starting the board. You should get 1 long, 2 short beeps.
If no go, I would test a different power supply.

LifeOfTheFuneral

Honorable
May 6, 2013

I have tried testing just CPU on cardboard with nothing else connected, cooler spins. no Beeps. Tested power supply in 2 different machines for about a week on each. Tested a known working PSU in my machine with no luck.

Have even tested my speaker in other machines, works fine.

Hard to say. If you've tested the new CPU with the first motherboard... A faulty board can damage the CPU.
I suggest testing the components at a local shop, if possible. Or RMA both motherboard and CPU and test the new components together when arriving.
Try also different wall socket (don't laugh, I've seen cases).

LifeOfTheFuneral

Honorable
May 6, 2013

I only tested the new CPU on the 1st replacement board i received from my cross ship RMA. Although its a big possibility that something on my end is just killing these new components and i have no real way of knowing. Guess ill just take my comp into a shop at this point. Originally tried to avoid paying for something i thought i could fix myself but after all this shipping cost i wish i wouldve just brought it in to begin with.

No possible fix is out of question at this point! I have tried 4 different sockets all around my house and 1 other one at another persons house. Got a lot of time on my hands when i go without a comp for 3 months. a lotttt of time. lol

I really appreciate your help here though. I see you around these forums helping everyone out with similar issues. A true bro. Thanks