Switching to a gaming laptop. Help please.

mrkenalano

Honorable
May 3, 2013
Hi guys. This is my very first post, so bear with me. Well, the title says it all. I'm thinking of switching to a gaming laptop, coming from a gaming desktop. I am not always on the go. But I'd really love to save some money that I'm paying for our electric bill since PC is a powerhog compared to a laptop. Lately, I find myself not gaming heavily with my PC. I only use it to play Heroes Of Newerth (which is not that demanding) and just surfing the net for long hours (if 5hrs is what you may define long). I used to play heavy spec'd games with it though (Far Cry 3, BF3, Batman Arkham City, Borderlands 2, GW2, Dead Space 3, AC 3) and that was back December of 2012. Right now, I am not gaming on it. Will my decision be a good one? Or should I just stick with my desktop?

My PC specs are as follows :

CPU : Intel Core i5 2500k (operating at stock clocks)
Motherboard : AsRock P67 Fatal1ty Performance
PSU : FSP Everest 800w 80+ Bronze
Ram : G.Skill Sniper 4x2gb CL9 1600
GPU : Palit Jetstream GTX 670 2GB GDDR5
HDD : Seagate 5400 RPM 320GB SATA2
ATX Case : Fractal Define Arc Midi
Keyboard : Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013
Mouse : Razer Deathadder 3.5G

IF and only IF I were to switch to a laptop, how much should I sell my desktop and what laptop specs should I get? Thanks in advance for those who'll answer. ;)

IMO the only good justification for a laptop is portability. Power use and performance go hand in hand so lower power, less performance. Your current rig looks to be a fairly good performer, I would recommend sticking with it

Emelth

Distinguished
Stick with your PC no point in wasting money on a new Laptop, just turn it off when your not around it to help save on the electricity bill AND also UNPLUG IT