Gaming pc built for World of Warcraft and BF3 at £500 max

thibaud

Honorable
May 7, 2013
hi I have been playing ps3 for 5 years now and ive decided its time to move on and switch to pc gaming and I would like a gaming pc at £500 pound max to run both WoW and BF3 smoothly, is this possible?

If you literally just need the tower and don't need to completely max the settings then it's possible yeah. It will most likely look better than a console version anyway despite not being on max settings. I'll just need more information in order to help, could you fill these in please?

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week (the closer the better)

Budget Range: (e.g.: 300-400) Before / After Rebates; Before / After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: Folding@Home, gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)

Are you buying a monitor: Yes / No

Parts to Upgrade: (e.g.: CPU, mobo, RAM) **Include Power Supply Make & Model If Re-using**

Do you need to buy OS: Yes / No
Please note that if you're using an OEM license of Windows, you will need a new one when buying a new motherboard.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: (e.g.: newegg.com, ncix.com -- to show us selection & pricing)

Location: City, State/Region, Country - we need to know where these parts are being assembled and whether there are good store-only deals available

Parts Preferences: by brand or type (e.g.: I would like to upgrade to Intel CPU)

Overclocking: Yes / No / Maybe

SLI or Crossfire: Yes / No / Maybe

Your Monitor Resolution: (e.g.: 1024x768, 1280x1024, 1440x900, 1600x1200, 1680x1050, 1920x1080, 1920x1200 or if you're upgrading please state what you'd want to get)

Additional Comments: (e.g.: Need to have a window and lots of bling, I would like a quiet PC. Please also list specific software or games you're using)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: (e.g. I'm having trouble running game X or my PSU broke)

Thanks.

thibaud

Honorable
May 7, 2013
well for my birthday probably which is in august, so quite a while away, now i think about all together i would be willing to pay £550-£600

Gaming, surfing the web, watching videos e.g. Youtube

I already have a ASUS VE 247 24 inch moniter.

Yes I would get Windows 7 home premium.

Amazon would be the site I would get parts from.

Durham, County Durham, UK

Id like the CPU to be a good deal at a good value e.g. i5 processer or AMD fx 8320

I would like to over clock.

Crossfire.

1920*1080

I would like to have a solid good looking case.

I want to upgrade from ps3 to Gamin on a pc because iam bored of my ps3

Sorry it's taken a while to reply mate I've been a bit busy. If you're not buying until then you might as well wait for Haswell (Intel's new chips). They will be out by then and although they won't be a massive upgrade, they're on a new socket so your motherboard should hopefully last through another upgrade.

I would avoid AMD because their CPU's tend to have inferior gaming performance to Intel at most price points.